1. Using a rosary begin with the Sign of the Cross and pray:
You expired, Jesus, but the source of life gushed fourth for souls, and the ocean of mercy opened up for the whole world. O Fount of Life, unfathomable Divine Mercy, envelop the whole world and empty Yourself out upon Us.
O Blood and Water, which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fount of mercy for us, I trust in You! (three times)
O Blood and Water…
O Blood and Water…
2. Say the Our Father:
Our Father, who art in Heaven hallowed be Thy name; Thy Kingdom come; Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.
3. Say a Hail Mary:
Hail Mary, full of grace. The Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.
4. Say the Apostles Creed:
I believe in God, the Father almighty, Creator of Heaven and earth, and in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit, born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was Buried; he descended into hell on the third day he rose again from the dead; he ascended into Heaven, and is seated at the right hand of God and Father almighty; from there he will come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic Church, and the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting. Amen.
5. Then on the Our Father Beads say the following:
Eternal Father, I offer You the Body and Blood, Soul and Divinity of Your dearly beloved Son, Our Lord Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world.
6. On the 10 Hail Mary Beads say the following:
For the sake of His sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world
Repeat step 5 and 6 for all five decades.
If you would like to meditate on something during each decade I suggest that you reflect upon the Sorrowful Mysteries of the Agony in the Garden, Scourging at the Pillar, The Crowning of Thorns, Carrying of the Cross and the Crucifixion.
Another mediation method is to reflect in the
- first decade reflect on All Sinners and how Priests are the channels of grace to Sinners;
- 2nd decade reflect how Devout and Holy persons are the channels of grace to those who do not believe or know Jesus;
- in the 3rd decade notice the interplay of Heretics with those that are meek and humble & children.
- then in the 4th decade of mercy see how persons who venerate and glorify His mercy bring up the treasury of mercy used to reduce the suffering of those detained for the stains of sin (purgatory).
- On the 5th and final decade pray the lukewarm have an increase in faith, hope and love which keep them from the deadly sins of pride, lust, gluttony, envy, anger, greed, sloth and fear and that the Holy Spirit will lead them back to the virtues expressed in the beatitudes of trust, diligence, generosity, sufferance, respect, sacrifice, self-control and humility.
7. Say the following prayer:
Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless, and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, that in difficult moments, we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your holy will, which is Love and Mercy Itself. Amen.
8. Followed by (three times):
Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world.
Jesus asked that the Feast of the Divine Mercy be preceded by a Novena to the Divine Mercy that would begin on Good Friday. He gave St. Faustina an intention to pray for on each day of the Novena, saving for the last day the most difficult intention of all, the lukewarm and indifferent of whom He said: "These souls cause Me more suffering than any others; it was from such souls that My soul felt the most revulsion in the Garden of Olives. It was on their account that I said: 'My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass Me by.' The last hope of salvation for them is to flee to My Mercy." "On each day of the novena you will bring to My heart a different group of souls and you will immerse them in this ocean of My mercy ... On each day you will beg My Father, on the strength of My passion, for the graces for these souls."
Post a Comment