Iceman’s 40 hours devotion
starts 3 pm first Friday of the month (start a fast Thursday evening)
It is traditionally believed that the duration of time from Christ's death until His Resurrection is forty hours, from 3 p.m. on Good Friday until 7 a.m. Easter Sunday. It is a pious practice to start this devotion on first Fridays.
· Start the devotion at 3 pm with a visit to the Blessed sacrament. Meditate on the Chaplet to the Holy Face and the Chaplet of Divine Mercy.
· At sundown break fast (fish and oil) and watch a movie from the Vatican list of movies. (start second fast 2 hours before bed)
· On waking take a walk and meditate on ways you have been walking away from God.
In the afternoon spend time with Mary and do the first Saturday devotion or do a Eucharistic Stations of the Cross and go to confession. After confession you may consider doing a mikvah or roman bath
· At sundown break fast (fish and oil) and watch a movie from the Vatican list of movies. (start third fast 2 hours before bed)
· On waking go to Mass early and do the prayer before Mass
· Receive our Lord in the Eucharist in thanksgiving.
· Break your fast and strive to be a soldier for Christ and live the beatitudes walking with our Lord.