Shoulder Wound of Christ
Imprimatur: Thomas D. Beven, of
It is related in the annals of Clairvaux that asked our which was His greatest unrecorded suffering, and Our answered: "I had on My Shoulder, while I bore My Cross on the Way of Sorrows, a grievous Wound, which was more painful than the others, and which is not recorded by men. Honor this wound with thy devotion, and I grant thee whatsoever thou dost ask through its and merit. And in regard to all those who shall venerate this Wound, I remit to them all their venial sins, and no longer remember their mortal sins."
Eternal Father I offer Thee the Wounds of Our Lord Jesus Christ to heal the wounds of our souls. My Jesus, pardon and mercy through the merits of Thy Sacred Wounds.
Here are some statements Jesus is said to have made to Sr. Mary Martha about this devotion:
- "Come to My Wounds with hearts burning with love, and make the aspirations with great fervor that you may obtain the graces and favors you desire. Come to this wound in My Side; it is the Wound of Love from which issue flames of fire"
- "You must pray that the knowledge of My Sacred Wounds may spread in the world". (As He said these words, Sr. Mary Martha saw five luminous rays of glory issue from the Wounds of Christ, and envelop the globe.)
- "My Holy Wounds sanctify souls and insure their spiritual advancement...Offer Me your actions united to My Sacred Wounds, and even the smallest will have an incomprehensible value"
- "Offer them often to Me for sinners because I thirst for souls. At each word of the invocation that you utter, I will let a drop of My Blood fall upon the soul of a sinner."
- "When you offer My Holy Wounds for sinners, you must not forget to do so for the souls in Purgatory, as there are but few who think of their relief. The Holy Wounds are the treasure of treasures for the souls in Purgatory."
Nihil obstat: John A. Schulien, Censor Librorum; Milwaukee, WI, 2 May 1956. Imprimatur: +Albertus G. Meyer, Archbishop of Milwaukee, 1 May 1956.
The following are promises by Jesus to Sr. Mary Martha Chambon:
1. I will grant all that is solicited from Me through the invocation of my holy Wounds. This devotion must be spread.
2. In truth, this devotion comes not from earth but from heaven. It can obtain everything.
3. My holy Wounds support the world... ask me to like them constantly, for they are the source of graces. One must invoke them often, attract others to them and instill this devotion in the souls.
4. When you suffer sorrows, promptly confide them to my Wounds and they will be alleviated.
5. he following aspirations must be repeated often to sick persons: "My Jesus, pardon and mercy, for the merits of Your Holy Wounds.". This prayer will soothe both body and soul.
6. And the sinner who will say: "Eternal Father, I offer You the Wounds of Our Lord Jesus Christ to save our souls." will obtain conversion.
7. My Wounds shall heal yours.
8. There shall be no death for the souls who will pass out in my Wounds. They give the true life.
9. For each word of the Chaplet of Mercy that you will pronounce, I will allow a drop of my Blood to fall upon the soul of a sinner.
10. The soul who will have honoured my holy Wounds and will have offered them to the Eternal Father for the souls in Purgatory shall be accompanied by the Blessed Virgin and the Angels at the hour of their death and I, in my radiant glory, will receive them and crown them.
11. The holy Wounds are the treasure of treasures for the souls in Purgatory.
12. The Devotion to my Wounds is the remedy in these times of iniquity.
13. Fruits of sanctity pour out of my Wounds. By meditating upon them you shall acquire new food for love.
14. My child, if you dip your actions in my holy Wounds, they shall acquire value; your smallest actions covered with my Blood shall satisfy my Heart.
15. My holy Wounds must be offered to my Eternal Father. Through them the Church shall triumph, being helped by my Immaculate Mother.