This blog is based on references in the Bible to fear. God wills that we “BE NOT AFRAID”. Many theologians state that the eighth deadly sin is fear. It is fear and its natural animal reaction to fight or flight that is the root cause of our failings to create a Kingdom of God on earth. By “the power of the Holy Spirit” we can be witnesses and “communicators” of a new and redeemed humanity “even to the ends of the earth” (Acts 1:7 8). This blog is dedicated to Mary the Mother of God.
Germans have the custom of improvising a mystery-specific insertion for each
Hail Mary. For example, while meditating on the annunciation, they pray, “Blessed
is the fruit of your womb, Jesus”(and they insert the words) “who died for our
sins” then start again with “Holy Mary...
THE FIVE JOYFUL MYSTERIES
1. The Annunciation
"Whom thou didst conceive by the Holy Ghost."
2. The Visitation.
"Whom thou didst carry to St. Elizabeth."
3. The Birth of Jesus in Bethlehem
"Who was born of thee at Bethlehem."
4. The Presentation of Our Blessed Lord in the temple.
"Whom thou didst present in the temple"
5. The Finding of the Child Jesus in the temple.
"Whom thou didst find in the temple"
THE FIVE SORROWFUL MYSTERIES
1. The Prayer and Bloody Sweat of Our Blessed Savior in the garden.
"Who sweat blood for us."
2. The Scourging of Our Blessed Lord at the pillar.
"Who was scourged for us."
3. The Crowning of Our Blessed Savior with thorns.
"Who was crowned with thorns for us"
4. Jesus Carrying His Cross.
"Who carried His Cross for us."
5. The Crucifixion of Our Lord Jesus Christ.
"Who was crucified for us."
THE FIVE GLORIOUS MYSTERIES
1. The Resurrection of Our Lord from the dead.
"Who arose from the dead."
2. The Ascension of Christ into heaven.
"Who ascended into heaven."
3. The Descent of the Holy Ghost upon the apostles.
"Who sent us the Holy Ghost."
4. The Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary into heaven.
"Who took thee up into heaven."
5. The Coronation of the Blessed Virgin Mary in heaven.