FEAST OF ST. JOHN OF CAPISTRANO Job, Chapter 21, Verse 28 And to mortals he said: See: the fear of the Lord is wisdom; and avo...
Sunday, January 11, 2015
January 12, 2015
Isaiah, Chapter 25, verse 3:
3 Therefore a strong people will honor you, ruthless nations will fear you.
Pope Benedict XVI wrote in his Theology of the Covenant that we are a people of many faiths with one covenant with God. Therefore it is reasonable that strong people will honor us in our faith as we have the same covenant with the living God although we may worship in a different way.
What are some of the traits we and our cousins in the covenant may have as strong people? According to the daily elite-the voice of generation Y there are 20 things that strong people DON’T do:
1. Dwell on the past.
2. Stay in their comfort zone
3. Refuse to listen to the opinion of others
4. Avoid change
5. Keep a closed mind and are open to new ideas
6. Let others make decisions for them
7. Get jealous of over the success of others
8. Dwell on the possibility of failure they keep a positive perspective
9. Feel sorry for themselves
10. Focus on their weaknesses
11. Try to please people
12. Blame themselves for things outside their control
13. Be impatient and quit easily
14. Let misunderstandings continue
15. Feel they are entitled or privileged
16. Repeat mistakes
17. Give into their fears
18. Act without using prudence
19. Refuse to help
However, on the other hand, we must realize that ruthless nations will fear a covenant people because ruthless nations are made up of ruthless people and ruthless people fear what they cannot control.
There are 6 traits of the ruthless according to Askmen.com.
· Emotion is to be avoided in all decision making
· No tolerance for incompetence
· Never forgive
· Punish quickly and brutally
· Instill fear in others
· Stay focused and determined
Adoration for Our Nation A Nationwide Day of Prayer 3 November 2020 Let's unite our country in prayer on election day Across the natio...
Judith, Chapter 10, Verse 16 When you stand before him, have no fear in your heart; give him the report you have given us, and he will...
Introduction to the Epistle of Jude  Author, Date, and Recipients The book was written by Jude, the brother of James and Jesus ...
ST JOHN PAUL II Psalm 33, Verse 8 Let all the earth FEAR the LORD; let all who dwell in the world show him reverence. Reverence is ...
ST. IGNATIUS OF ANTIOCH-FORGIVE AN EX DAY Revelation, Chapter 2, Verse 10 Do not be AFRAID of anything that you are going to suffer...
MARTYRS OF NORTH AMERICA Romans, Chapter 4, Verse 18-22 18 He believed, hoping against hope , that he would become “the fathe...
Revelation, Chapter 14, Verse 6-7 6 Then I saw another angel flying high overhead, with everlasting good news to announce to those who ...
Deuteronomy, Chapter 3, Verse 22 Do not fear them, for it is the LORD, your God, who will fight for you. What are the demons in you...
Read about Rosary Coast to Coast and the National Rosary Rally HERE Here is the link to livestream. Begins at 2:30pm EST: https://us02we...