ST JOHN PAUL II Psalm 49, Verse 17 Do not FEAR when a man becomes rich, when the wealth of his house grows great. The next verse ...
Sunday, January 11, 2015
January 12, 2015
Isaiah, Chapter 25, verse 3:
3 Therefore a strong people will honor you, ruthless nations will fear you.
Pope Benedict XVI wrote in his Theology of the Covenant that we are a people of many faiths with one covenant with God. Therefore it is reasonable that strong people will honor us in our faith as we have the same covenant with the living God although we may worship in a different way.
What are some of the traits we and our cousins in the covenant may have as strong people? According to the daily elite-the voice of generation Y there are 20 things that strong people DON’T do:
1. Dwell on the past.
2. Stay in their comfort zone
3. Refuse to listen to the opinion of others
4. Avoid change
5. Keep a closed mind and are open to new ideas
6. Let others make decisions for them
7. Get jealous of over the success of others
8. Dwell on the possibility of failure they keep a positive perspective
9. Feel sorry for themselves
10. Focus on their weaknesses
11. Try to please people
12. Blame themselves for things outside their control
13. Be impatient and quit easily
14. Let misunderstandings continue
15. Feel they are entitled or privileged
16. Repeat mistakes
17. Give into their fears
18. Act without using prudence
19. Refuse to help
However, on the other hand, we must realize that ruthless nations will fear a covenant people because ruthless nations are made up of ruthless people and ruthless people fear what they cannot control.
There are 6 traits of the ruthless according to Askmen.com.
· Emotion is to be avoided in all decision making
· No tolerance for incompetence
· Never forgive
· Punish quickly and brutally
· Instill fear in others
· Stay focused and determined
FEAST OF SAINT MARTIN/VETERANS DAY Acts, Chapter 26, Verse 5-7 5 They have known about me from the start, if they are willing ...
Auxilium Christianorum - Praying for Persecuted Priests Monday, May 24 is the Feast of Mary Mother of the Church. It is also the Feast of ...
Judith, Chapter 10, Verse 16 When you stand before him, have no fear in your heart; give him the report you have given us, and he will...
Wednesday after laetare Sunday: end of mid-lent  Jeremiah, Chapter 26, verse 19 Did Hezekiah, king of Judah, and all Judah conde...
feast of saint anthony, abbot Sirach, Chapter 22, Verse 16 A wooden beam firmly bonded into a building is not loosened by an earthqu...
Ash Wednesday Deuteronomy, Chapter 18, Verse 21-22 21 Should you say to yourselves, “How can we recognize that a word is one th...
Romans, Chapter 8, verse 14-15 14 For those who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God. 15 For you did not receive a ...
Leviticus, Chapter 25, Verse 17 Do not deal unfairly with one another, then; but stand in fear of your God. I, the LORD, am your God. ...
Plough Monday ORTHODOX CHRISTMAS-DISTAFF DAY Psalm 2, verse 11 Serve the LORD with fear ; exult with trembling , accept corr...
Full Worm Moon According to the almanac we are having a Full Worm Moon-plan to take your family or grandchildren fishing! Humm...