- Universal Man Plan (Phase III) "The St. Peter"
- Universal Man Plan (Phase 2) "The St. George"
- 90 Days to Peace
- INTO THE BREACH
- Explanation of the Traditional Latin Mass
- First Friday
- Shoulder Wound of Christ
- Peace through Strength
- Angelic Choirs Devotion
- Time is a Gift from God
- Universal Man Plan (Phase 4) The "St. Joseph"
- Novena of St. Joseph
- Long Breastplate of St. Patrick
- Novena to Pray for Strength, Humility and Resolve for Our Bishops
- Spiritual Warfare
- Eucharistic Stations of the Cross
- EVENING DEVOTIONS Goffine's Devout Instructions, 1...
- Quo Vadis (Where are you going?)
- Fitness Fridays
- Divine Mercy Novena
- Iceman's 40 hour devotion
- Nineveh 90
- Total Consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary
- Our Lady of Sorrows: September Devotion
- Novena to the Holy Face
- Auxilium Christianorum
- Chaplet of Divine Mercy
- Prayers Before and After Mass
- PRAYER FOR HEALING THE FAMILY TREE
- Renewal of Baptismal Vow
- Prayer before Mass
- Universal Man Plan (Phase 1) "The St. Ignatius"
- An Offering to the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus
- A Method of Hearing Mass Spiritually
- First Saturday Devotion
- Chaplet to the Holy Face
- Militia of the Immaculata
- Prayer for the Troops
- Stations of the Cross: Thursday before First Frida...
- Daily: Seven Sorrows of Mary
- German Rosary
- You Need to Pray for those in Authority
- Iceman's Total Consecration to St. Joseph
- The Manhood of the Master
- Character is Destiny
- World Peace Rosary
- Devotion to the Seven Joys and Sorrows of St. Jose...
- 54 Day Rosary
- Morning offerings plus four daily prayers(0900/1200/1500/1800 hours) that will change your life.
- Saturday Litany of the Hours Invoking the Aid of Mother Mary
- 40 Days to Freedom from the Devil
- Prayers of Reparation to the Holy Face
- Liturgy of the Hours
- Angelic Examination of Conscience
Friday in the Octave of the Immaculate Conception FEAST OF JUAN DIEGO-CHRISTMAS CARD DAY John, Chapter 14, Verse 15 “If you LOVE ...
Wednesday, April 13, 2016
Daniel, Chapter 1, Verse 9-10
9 Though God had given Daniel the favor and sympathy of the chief chamberlain, 10 he said to Daniel, “I am afraid of my lord the king, who allotted your food and drink. If he sees that you look thinner in comparison to the other young men of your age, you will endanger my life with the king.”
The chamberlain was afraid because the king had taken Daniel and other sharp, young Hebrews (as well as other defeated nations youth) to groom them as leaders to ensure the subservience of those defeated nations by developing them as devoted protégés of the king and should the Daniel and the others appear sickly the chamberlain would suffer disgrace. The king's reasoning was sound but good treatment by the king would not dislodge Daniel and his friends Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah's faith and trust in the God of Abraham. They refused to eat the rich food which most likely included pork and other banned foods noted in the Torah. Daniel proposed a test to reduce the chamberlain’s fear which was to let them eat just vegetables and water for ten days. After the ten days Daniel and his friends features appeared healthier than those who ate rich fair. Daniel and his friends never lost their faith and trust in their God.
Men are fickled things for when faith and trust in God leave; fear and pride enter. We see this type of response of the Jew’s to Pilate’s plea for Christ.
When Pilate heard these words he brought Jesus out and seated him on the judge’s bench in the place called Stone Pavement, in Hebrew, Gabbatha. It was preparation day for Passover, and it was about noon. And he said to the Jews, “Behold, your king!” They cried out, “Take him away, take him away! Crucify him!” Pilate said to them, “Shall I crucify your king?” The chief priests answered, “We have no king but Caesar.” (John 19:13-15)
Again in the Acts of the Apostles we see the same lack of faith and trust in God’s fullness through Christ by the Jews in their martyring of Stephen.
“Stephen said to the people, the elders, and the scribes: “You stiff-necked people, uncircumcised in heart and ears, you always oppose the Holy Spirit; you are just like your ancestors. Which of the prophets did your ancestors not persecute? They put to death those who foretold the coming of the righteous one, whose betrayers and murderers you have now become. You received the law as transmitted by angels, but you did not observe it.” (Acts 7:51-53)
Monday Night at the Movies William Friedkin, The Exorcist, 1973 ALL HOLLOWS EVE Acts, Chapter 24, Verse 2-3 2 When he was called,...
Switch of Manliness Legacy OUR LADY OF CZESTOCHOWA Acts, Chapter 10, verse 1-4 1 Now in Caesarea there was a man named Cornelius, a cent...
Monday Night at the Movies Luis Bunuel, Simon of the Desert, 1965 SAINT MOTHER THEODORE GUERIN Hebrews, Chapter 12, Verse 21 Indeed, so F...
Auxilium Christianorum - Praying for Persecuted Priests Monday, May 24 is the Feast of Mary Mother of the Church. It is also the Feast of ...
WORLD TOILET DAY 1 Corinthians, Chapter 16, Verse 11 Therefore no one should disdain him. Rather, send him on his way in PEACE that...
Charles Schultz born 1922 John, Chapter 3, Verse 35 The Father LOVES the Son and has given everything over to him. The earth is i...
Our Lady of Loretto House of Mary and Joseph Loretto (Mary’s House) human rights day John, Chapter 14, Verse 21-24 21 Whoever has ...
Jesse Tree Creation DECEMBER We turn our attention indoors with Advent prayers and preparations for the birth of Christ; for most of us, ...
Great American Smokeout  The Great American Smoke out is an informal holiday aimed at encouraging citizens to quit or plan to qui...