Introduction to Sirach The Wisdom of Ben Sira derives its title from the author, “Yeshua [Jesus], son of Eleazar, son of Sira” ( 5...
Wednesday, July 20, 2016
Thursday, July 21, 2016
Acts, Chapter 27, verse 29
29 Fearing that we would run aground on a rocky coast, they dropped four anchors from the stern and prayed for day to come.
Paul was under arrest and was an inmate on a prison ship bound for Rome, when the ship he was on, was in danger of being sunk. Yet, God had not abandoned Paul. His faith saved him and also the crew. Paul in this case really did lead from behind.
The Law of Influence: An Inmate Takes Command (Acts 27:4-44)
1. Paul built trust which influences his jailer, Julius, to allow special privileges, noting his trustworthiness.
2. He took the initiative by stepping in when action was needed.
3. He possessed good judgment through his use of wisdom and experience.
4. He spoke with authority and credibility based on earlier actions.
5. He showed optimism and confidence by speaking boldly.
6. He gave encouragement to the hopeless that feared their survival and loss at sea.
7. He was honest and candid about the problems they faced.
8. He did not compromise on absolutes from God-given instructions.
9. He stayed focused on objectives not obstacles.
10. He led by example by modeling the right attitude.
Remember to build trust first with God and then with others when you are in danger knowing we are all in the same ship and we are all seasick.
DAY 51 - OUR LADY OF FATIMA, PRAY FOR US SEEKING HARMONY There are actually three wounds that ravage souls and bring spiritual death to them...
Saturday after Epiphany Genesis, Chapter 20, Verse 8 Early the next morning Abimelech called all his servants and informed them of e...
DAY 52 - OUR LADY OF GUADALUPE, PRAY FOR US POWER OF PRAYER The heroes of our faith are the warrior saints who have gone before us. God work...
Judith, Chapter 10, Verse 16 When you stand before him, have no fear in your heart; give him the report you have given us, and he will...
Ash Wednesday Deuteronomy, Chapter 18, Verse 21-22 21 Should you say to yourselves, “How can we recognize that a word is one th...
ELVIS’ BIRTHDAY Genesis, Chapter 19, Verse 30 Since Lot was AFRAID to stay in Zoar, he and his two daughters went up from Zoar and ...
DAY 54 - OUR LADY OF VICTORY, PRAY FOR US NO CROSS, NO CROWN! No cross, no crown. No pain, no gain. No guts, no glory. St. James summons u...
OUR FATHER-cry out to the Lord 45-60 minutes after sunset, wherever you are, on Monday, December 21.Let's Get the Whole World to Cry Out to God on December 21! We have just passed through a year in which a "Goliath" of evil ...
DAY 42 - MARY, QUEEN OF CONFESSORS, PRAY FOR US YOU MADE US FOR YOURSELF The unfortunate reality is that the modern campaign of militant ...
DAY 44 - MARY, QUEEN OF ALL SAINTS, PRAY FOR US "CAN'T QUIT - WON'T FAIL - PUT ME IN THE FIGHT!" The Soldier's Creed ...