Malachi, Chapter 3, verse 19-21 19 For the day is coming, blazing like an oven, when all the arrogant and all evildoers will be stubble,...
Wednesday, July 20, 2016
Thursday, July 21, 2016
Acts, Chapter 27, verse 29
29 Fearing that we would run aground on a rocky coast, they dropped four anchors from the stern and prayed for day to come.
Paul was under arrest and was an inmate on a prison ship bound for Rome, when the ship he was on, was in danger of being sunk. Yet, God had not abandoned Paul. His faith saved him and also the crew. Paul in this case really did lead from behind.
The Law of Influence: An Inmate Takes Command (Acts 27:4-44)
1. Paul built trust which influences his jailer, Julius, to allow special privileges, noting his trustworthiness.
2. He took the initiative by stepping in when action was needed.
3. He possessed good judgment through his use of wisdom and experience.
4. He spoke with authority and credibility based on earlier actions.
5. He showed optimism and confidence by speaking boldly.
6. He gave encouragement to the hopeless that feared their survival and loss at sea.
7. He was honest and candid about the problems they faced.
8. He did not compromise on absolutes from God-given instructions.
9. He stayed focused on objectives not obstacles.
10. He led by example by modeling the right attitude.
Remember to build trust first with God and then with others when you are in danger knowing we are all in the same ship and we are all seasick.
Auxilium Christianorum - Praying for Persecuted Priests Monday, May 24 is the Feast of Mary Mother of the Church. It is also the Feast of ...
Judith, Chapter 10, Verse 16 When you stand before him, have no fear in your heart; give him the report you have given us, and he will...
FEAST OF SAINT MARTIN/VETERANS DAY Acts, Chapter 26, Verse 5-7 5 They have known about me from the start, if they are willing ...
Wednesday after laetare Sunday: end of mid-lent  Jeremiah, Chapter 26, verse 19 Did Hezekiah, king of Judah, and all Judah conde...
30 Days of Women and Herbs – Frauendreissiger Mugwort (Artemisia vulgaris) 2 Maccabees, Chapter 15, Verse 8 He urged his men not to f...
feast of saint anthony, abbot Sirach, Chapter 22, Verse 16 A wooden beam firmly bonded into a building is not loosened by an earthqu...
Ash Wednesday Deuteronomy, Chapter 18, Verse 21-22 21 Should you say to yourselves, “How can we recognize that a word is one th...
Romans, Chapter 8, verse 14-15 14 For those who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God. 15 For you did not receive a ...
Leviticus, Chapter 25, Verse 17 Do not deal unfairly with one another, then; but stand in fear of your God. I, the LORD, am your God. ...
Plough Monday ORTHODOX CHRISTMAS-DISTAFF DAY Psalm 2, verse 11 Serve the LORD with fear ; exult with trembling , accept corr...