- Fitness Fridays
- Divine Mercy Novena
- Iceman's 40 hour devotion
- Nineveh 90
- Total Consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary
- Our Lady of Sorrows: September Devotion
- Novena to the Holy Face
- Auxilium Christianorum
- Chaplet of Divine Mercy
- Prayers Before and After Mass
- PRAYER FOR HEALING THE FAMILY TREE
- Renewal of Baptismal Vow
- Prayer before Mass
- Universal Man Plan (Phase 1) "The St. Ignatius"
- A Method of Hearing Mass Spiritually
- An Offering to the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus
- First Saturday Devotion
- Chaplet to the Holy Face
- Stations of the Cross: Thursday before First Frida...
- Prayer for the Troops
- Militia of the Immaculata
- Daily: Seven Sorrows of Mary
- German Rosary
- You Need to Pray for those in Authority
- Iceman's Total Consecration to St. Joseph
- The Manhood of the Master
- Character is Destiny
- World Peace Rosary
- 54 Day Rosary
- Devotion to the Seven Joys and Sorrows of St. Jose...
- Morning offerings plus four daily prayers(0900/1200/1500/1800 hours) that will change your life.
- Saturday Litany of the Hours Invoking the Aid of Mother Mary
- 40 Days to Freedom from the Devil
- Prayers of Reparation to the Holy Face
- Liturgy of the Hours
- Angelic Examination of Conscience
- Universal Man Plan (Phase III) "The St. Peter"
- Universal Man Plan (Phase 2) "The St. George"
- INTO THE BREACH
- 90 Days to Peace
- First Friday
- Explanation of the Traditional Latin Mass
- Shoulder Wound of Christ
- Peace through Strength
- Angelic Choirs Devotion
- Time is a Gift from God
- Universal Man Plan (Phase 4) The "St. Joseph"
- Novena of St. Joseph
- Long Breastplate of St. Patrick
- Novena to Pray for Strength, Humility and Resolve for Our Bishops
- Spiritual Warfare
- Eucharistic Stations of the Cross
- EVENING DEVOTIONS Goffine's Devout Instructions, 1...
- Quo Vadis (Where are you going?)
Ezekiel, Chapter 32, Verse 10 I will fill many nations with horror; their kings will shudder at you, when I brandish my sword in their f...
Saturday, November 4, 2017
Saturday, November 4, 2017
Proverbs, Chapter 22, Verse 4
The result of humility and fear of the LORD is riches, honor and life.
In reflecting on this stanza; the first thing I noticed is that the rewards listed in this proverb are reversed. In that riches are not more important to obtain for oneself than honor and honor is not as valuable as life….or is it. In thinking about this I questioned are we talking about material riches or some other kind of riches? Gandi has said, wealth without work is one of the great evils in the world. It has also been said that even if a poor person was suddenly rich they often again lose their wealth like the story of the prodigal son. True riches it seems actually comes from having sound and grounded thoughts, habits and philosophies; being humble and submitting all to God. Steve Siebold, noted author of “How Rich People Think,” noticed that yes rich people do think differently than the middle class or even the poor. If we can maintain our fear of the Lord, and develop these habits of thought, we can not only bless ourselves but also all those around us. Here are some of my favorite norms Steve lists from the 100 in his book.
1. Middle class focuses on saving…World class focuses on earning. Imagine if instead of building up barns of wealth a blessed person used their excess to benefit others and sought the general wealthfare of mankind and focused on earning souls and true happiness for others by serving and solving problems.
2. Middle class believes building wealth is a solitary effort…World class believes building wealth is a team effort. We cannot bring about the kingdom of heaven without a team effort; we must have the help of a team of saintly persons from all three churches help us here is the corporal church on earth; in the suffering church in purgatory and in the glorified church in heaven. The world class knows it takes a team to build wealth, and they focus much of the effort on finding the right people to leverage their actions and ideas.
3. Middle class believes money is negative…World class believes money is positive. The love of money must be avoided but money is a necessary tool that can be used to create great good and it must be managed while maintaining a spirit of poverty. Money is seen by the rich a a positive tool that has the power to create freedom and opportunity for themselves and their families; whereas the heavenly class see it as a tool to bring the kingdom for God.
4. Middle class believe rich people are shallow…World class believes rich people are strategic. We are in a battle and I like the word strategic. Note that the Catholic Church is one of the wealthiest organizations in the world we must use our resources in the battle for the Lord and souls. Being poor is not virtuous; you should not be giving your money to God if you cannot pay your rent. Like the rich we can build an empire but not for ourselves but for the Lord. We should use our resources like the rich, in honest and strategic ways, to serve others.
5. Middle class believes money is earned through labor…World class believes money is earned through thought. Independent creative thinking is the most valuable asset anyone can acquire. Steve Forbes has said, “The real source of wealth in this new era is not material things. It is the mind, and human spirit, the human imagination, and our faith in the future.” Imagine the power of the creative mind inspired by the Holy Spirit for the glory of God!
Poor souls in Purgatory
The Dogma of Purgatory is too much forgotten by the majority of the faithful; the Church Suffering, where they have so many brethren to succor, whither they foresee that they themselves must one day go, seems a strange land to them. This truly deplorable forgetfulness was a great sorrow to St. Francis de Sales. “Alas!” said this pious doctor of the Church, “we do not sufficiently remember our dear departed; their memory seems to perish with the sound of the funeral bells.” The principal causes of this are ignorance and lack of faith; our notions on the subject of Purgatory are too vague, our faith is too feeble. In order, then, that our ideas may become more distinct and our faith enlivened, we must take a closer view of this life beyond the tomb, this intermediate state of the just souls, not yet worthy to enter the Heavenly Jerusalem.
Full Beaver Moon
According to the almanac today is a Full Beaver Moon; plan to spend some time watching the Narnia series or reading “The Witch the Lion and the Wardrobe” with your children or grandchildren.
Sadie Hawkins Day is an American folk event and pseudo-holiday originated by Al Capp's classic hillbilly comic strip Li'l Abner (1934–1978). This inspired real-world Sadie Hawkins events, the premise of which is that females ask males for a date or dancing.
Schouppe S.J., Rev. Fr. F. X.. Purgatory Explained (with Supplemental Reading: What Will Hell Be Like?)
Auxilium Christianorum - Praying for Persecuted Priests Monday, May 24 is the Feast of Mary Mother of the Church. It is also the Feast of ...
Judith, Chapter 10, Verse 16 When you stand before him, have no fear in your heart; give him the report you have given us, and he will...
30 Days of Women and Herbs – Frauendreissiger Mugwort (Artemisia vulgaris) 2 Maccabees, Chapter 15, Verse 8 He urged his men not to f...
Wednesday after laetare Sunday: end of mid-lent  Jeremiah, Chapter 26, verse 19 Did Hezekiah, king of Judah, and all Judah conde...
Dear U.S. Grace Force, I believe we are facing a watershed moment. I am feeling we need to be in intense prayer right now. Today, I received...
First Saturday ST. BASIL/9 th Day of Christmas -MOTIVATION DAY Psalm 23, verse 4: 4 Even though I walk through the valley of the...
Global Day of Prayer: June 15th Flame of Love Rosary Livestream ST. MICHAEL THE ARCHANGEL IS CALLING FOR A GLOBAL DAY OF PRAYER T...
Romans, Chapter 8, verse 14-15 14 For those who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God. 15 For you did not receive a ...
Holy Thursday Jeremiah, Chapter 30, verse 10-11 10 But you, my servant Jacob, do not FEAR ! —oracle of the LORD—do not be dismayed, ...
Book of Job Introduction  Ever notice that the guy in front of you always gets the last apple fritter at Starbucks? On a Monday ...