Ember Saturday AUTUMNAL EQUINOX 1 Corinthians, Chapter 14, Verse 32-33 32 Indeed, the spirits of prophets are under the prop...
Thursday, January 25, 2018
Friday, January 26, 2018
16 Whoever fears the LORD will understand what is right, and out of obscurity he will draw forth a course of action. 17 The lawless turn aside warnings and distort the law to suit their purpose. 18 The sensible will not neglect direction; the proud and insolent are deterred by no fear.
Our Lord asks us to lead, follow or get out of the way. Our Lord tells us, “Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters. Therefore, I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven people, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.” (Mt. 12:30-31)
If you are a leader start leading in the church; follow where you can and do not hinder the work of the Holy Spirit.
St. Timothy, born in Galatia in Asia Minor, was baptized and later ordained to the priesthood by St. Paul. The young Galatian became Paul's missionary companion and his most beloved spiritual son. St. Paul showed his trust in this disciple by consecrating him bishop of the great city of Ephesus. St. Timothy was stoned to death thirty years after St. Paul's martyrdom for having denounced the worship of the goddess Diana.
St. Titus, a convert from paganism, was a fellow laborer of St. Paul on many apostolic missions. St. Paul later made him bishop of Crete, a difficult charge because of the character of the inhabitants and the spread of erroneous doctrines on that island. St. Paul's writings tell us that St. Titus rejoiced to discover what was good in others and drew the hearts of men by his wide and affectionate sympathy.
Australia Day commemorates the arrival of the First Fleet of 11 convict ships from Britain. On this day in 1788, Captain Arthur Phillip first raised the British flag at Sydney Cove, marking the British occupation of Australia which has been claimed 8 years earlier by the arrival of Captain James Cook in 1770. Australia Day is observed annually on January 26th each year with barbeques and fireworks. Today, the day gives Australians the opportunity to reflect upon what it means to be Australian, the history that shaped the nation and the brighter future that the country has to look forward to.
Australia Day Facts & Quotes
· In 2015 Australia day coincided with 150th anniversary of Colac's Botanic Gardens.
· The First Fleet, consisting of 11 ships and led by Captain Arthur Philip from Great Britain, arrived at Port Jackson on January 26, 1788.
· Australia was originally designed as a penal colony - a place used to exile convicts and criminals. The first was named the Colony of New South Wales.
· The Australian Flag is flown to commemorate this holiday. The flag includes: the Union Jack, representing historical ties to Great Britain; a large white seven-tipped star representing the 7 provinces making up the Commonwealth of Australia; and five white stars in the Southern Cross constellation pattern, a reminder of their Southern Hemisphere location.
· The entire population of Australia (22.3 Million) is less than the population of Texas (26 Million).
· There's an expression in Australia that's called 'Go Bush,' which means to get out of the city and relax. I try and 'go bush' to places where there's no cell reception. But, I don't get to do that often, so for the most part, it's just a state of mind. - Cate Blanchett, actress
Australia Day Top Events and Things to Do
· Watch fireworks displays. Some of the grander displays are at Sydney harbor, Rooty Hill and the shores of Lake Burley Griffin.
· Watch or attend the Oz Day 10km race in Sydney, Australia.
· Visit Hyde Park in Sidney where many Australia day events take place.
· Attend flag raising and citizenship ceremonies in Canberra and Perth.
· Fitness Friday-Australian F45 workout
· Please pray for me and this ministry
DAY 35 - MARY, REFUGE OF SINNERS, PRAY FOR US CATCH EXCELLENCE The desire to enter the fight is a desire to enter into a genuine training ...
DAY 36 - MARY, COMFORTER OF THE AFFLICTED, PRAY FOR US SUPERIOR IDEAL Among the ways we have just let Coach Vince Lombardi inspire us, let...
DAY 34 - MARY, HEALTH OF THE SICK, PRAY FOR US THIS DAY WE FIGHT Spiritually speaking, the devil is doing all that he can to catch us isola...
DAY 33 - MARY, MORNING STAR, PRAY FOR US UNITY IN TRUTH Devil's Tactic #2 - Divide and Conquer The second modern tactic of the devil ...
Start of Happiness at Work Week FEAST OF ST. MATTHEW-INTL DAY OF PEACE 2 Corinthians, Chapter 7, Verse 11 For behold what earnestn...
Tuesday in Octave of Corpus Christi 2 Chronicles, Chapter 26, Verse 5 He was prepared to seek God as long as Zechariah lived, who ...
DAY 27 - MARY, MYSTICAL ROSE, PRAY THAT WE RECEIVE THE FRUIT OF CHASTITY! GOD'S WORD "The eye is the lamp of the body; so then i...
DAY 37 - MARY, HELP OF CHRISTIANS, PRAY FOR US ALERT! Today begin's the Novena to St. Michael (See below) SET THE WORLD ABLAZE The wor...
DAY 11 - MOTHER MOST ADMIRABLE, PRAY THAT WE RECEIVE THE GIFT OF COUNSEL GOD'S WORD "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a li...
FEAST OF THE HOLY FAMILY-ST SYLVESTER Genesis, Chapter 15, verse 1 Sometime afterward, the word of the LORD came to Abram in a visi...