Introduction to Sirach The Wisdom of Ben Sira derives its title from the author, “Yeshua [Jesus], son of Eleazar, son of Sira” ( 5...
Thursday, January 25, 2018
Friday, January 26, 2018
16 Whoever fears the LORD will understand what is right, and out of obscurity he will draw forth a course of action. 17 The lawless turn aside warnings and distort the law to suit their purpose. 18 The sensible will not neglect direction; the proud and insolent are deterred by no fear.
Our Lord asks us to lead, follow or get out of the way. Our Lord tells us, “Whoever is not with me is against me, and whoever does not gather with me scatters. Therefore, I say to you, every sin and blasphemy will be forgiven people, but blasphemy against the Spirit will not be forgiven.” (Mt. 12:30-31)
If you are a leader start leading in the church; follow where you can and do not hinder the work of the Holy Spirit.
St. Timothy, born in Galatia in Asia Minor, was baptized and later ordained to the priesthood by St. Paul. The young Galatian became Paul's missionary companion and his most beloved spiritual son. St. Paul showed his trust in this disciple by consecrating him bishop of the great city of Ephesus. St. Timothy was stoned to death thirty years after St. Paul's martyrdom for having denounced the worship of the goddess Diana.
St. Titus, a convert from paganism, was a fellow laborer of St. Paul on many apostolic missions. St. Paul later made him bishop of Crete, a difficult charge because of the character of the inhabitants and the spread of erroneous doctrines on that island. St. Paul's writings tell us that St. Titus rejoiced to discover what was good in others and drew the hearts of men by his wide and affectionate sympathy.
Australia Day commemorates the arrival of the First Fleet of 11 convict ships from Britain. On this day in 1788, Captain Arthur Phillip first raised the British flag at Sydney Cove, marking the British occupation of Australia which has been claimed 8 years earlier by the arrival of Captain James Cook in 1770. Australia Day is observed annually on January 26th each year with barbeques and fireworks. Today, the day gives Australians the opportunity to reflect upon what it means to be Australian, the history that shaped the nation and the brighter future that the country has to look forward to.
Australia Day Facts & Quotes
· In 2015 Australia day coincided with 150th anniversary of Colac's Botanic Gardens.
· The First Fleet, consisting of 11 ships and led by Captain Arthur Philip from Great Britain, arrived at Port Jackson on January 26, 1788.
· Australia was originally designed as a penal colony - a place used to exile convicts and criminals. The first was named the Colony of New South Wales.
· The Australian Flag is flown to commemorate this holiday. The flag includes: the Union Jack, representing historical ties to Great Britain; a large white seven-tipped star representing the 7 provinces making up the Commonwealth of Australia; and five white stars in the Southern Cross constellation pattern, a reminder of their Southern Hemisphere location.
· The entire population of Australia (22.3 Million) is less than the population of Texas (26 Million).
· There's an expression in Australia that's called 'Go Bush,' which means to get out of the city and relax. I try and 'go bush' to places where there's no cell reception. But, I don't get to do that often, so for the most part, it's just a state of mind. - Cate Blanchett, actress
Australia Day Top Events and Things to Do
· Watch fireworks displays. Some of the grander displays are at Sydney harbor, Rooty Hill and the shores of Lake Burley Griffin.
· Watch or attend the Oz Day 10km race in Sydney, Australia.
· Visit Hyde Park in Sidney where many Australia day events take place.
· Attend flag raising and citizenship ceremonies in Canberra and Perth.
· Fitness Friday-Australian F45 workout
· Please pray for me and this ministry
DAY 51 - OUR LADY OF FATIMA, PRAY FOR US SEEKING HARMONY There are actually three wounds that ravage souls and bring spiritual death to them...
Saturday after Epiphany Genesis, Chapter 20, Verse 8 Early the next morning Abimelech called all his servants and informed them of e...
DAY 52 - OUR LADY OF GUADALUPE, PRAY FOR US POWER OF PRAYER The heroes of our faith are the warrior saints who have gone before us. God work...
Ash Wednesday Deuteronomy, Chapter 18, Verse 21-22 21 Should you say to yourselves, “How can we recognize that a word is one th...
Judith, Chapter 10, Verse 16 When you stand before him, have no fear in your heart; give him the report you have given us, and he will...
ELVIS’ BIRTHDAY Genesis, Chapter 19, Verse 30 Since Lot was AFRAID to stay in Zoar, he and his two daughters went up from Zoar and ...
DAY 54 - OUR LADY OF VICTORY, PRAY FOR US NO CROSS, NO CROWN! No cross, no crown. No pain, no gain. No guts, no glory. St. James summons u...
OUR FATHER-cry out to the Lord 45-60 minutes after sunset, wherever you are, on Monday, December 21.Let's Get the Whole World to Cry Out to God on December 21! We have just passed through a year in which a "Goliath" of evil ...
DAY 42 - MARY, QUEEN OF CONFESSORS, PRAY FOR US YOU MADE US FOR YOURSELF The unfortunate reality is that the modern campaign of militant ...
DAY 44 - MARY, QUEEN OF ALL SAINTS, PRAY FOR US "CAN'T QUIT - WON'T FAIL - PUT ME IN THE FIGHT!" The Soldier's Creed ...