The Kingdom Of Darkness and Forbidden Power
Second Sunday After Epiphany Sirach, Chapter 1, Verse 27-30 For the fear of the Lord is wisdom and discipline; faithfulness an...
Thursday, February 15, 2018
Friday, January 16, 2018
Friday after Ash Wednesday
Chinese new year 4716
Isaiah, Chapter 40, verse 9:
9 Go up onto a high mountain, Zion, herald of good news! Cry out at the top of your voice, Jerusalem, herald of good news! Cry out, do not fear! Say to the cities of Judah: Here is your God!
Christ delights in us if we delight in Him we should also delight in others.
One of my favorite representations of the Lords delight with us is a statue of Joseph and the baby Jesus. Jesus and Joseph are playing. Joseph is slightly bent with the baby Jesus giggling crawling over the back of Joseph and peeking over his shoulder looking at his face in peek a boo fashion and delight is all over both of their faces. How can we fear when we have a God who loves us so!
In times of tribulation when we feel courage being drained from our souls let us remember the courage of blessed Saint Joseph reflecting on his courage, strength and of course gentleness with our Lord Jesus. In times of trouble let us call on the aid of St. Joseph reflecting on this portion of the litany of Saint Joseph.
”St. Joseph, Renowned offspring of David, Light of Patriarchs, Spouse of the Mother of God, Chaste guardian of the Virgin, Foster father of the Son of God, Diligent protector of Christ, Head of the Holy Family, Joseph most just, Joseph most chaste, Joseph most prudent, Joseph most strong, Joseph most obedient, Joseph most faithful, Mirror of patience, Lover of poverty, Model of artisans, Glory of home life, Guardian of virgins, Pillar of families, Solace of the wretched, Hope of the sick, Patron of the dying, Terror of demons, Protector of Holy Church. Pray for Us!”
Friday after Ash Wednesday-Fast
Read: Today we are reminded of the practice of fasting on Fridays during Lent. Read this reflection on why we fast on Fridays in the weeks leading up to Easter Sunday.
Reflect: Pope Francis said of prayer, fasting, and almsgiving, "All three exclude the need for appearances: what counts is not appearances; the value of life does not depend on the approval of others or on success, but on what we have inside us."
—Ash Wednesday Homily, 2014
"Blessed are you, Lord, God of all creation:
you make us hunger and thirst for holiness.
Blessed are you, Lord, God of all creation:
you call us to true fasting:
to set free the oppressed,
to share our bread with the hungry,
to shelter the homeless and to clothe the naked."
—Catholic Household Blessings and Prayers, 96
Act: Many often choose something to give up during all of Lent—not just on Fridays—as a way of fasting. Practice self-discipline and choose something to refrain from until Easter. Challenge yourself!
Chinese New Year
Chinese New Year Facts & Quotes
· 2018 is the Year of the Dog according to the Chinese animal zodiac cycle.
· The Chinese New Year is celebrated as the Spring Festival in China. It is the nation's most important festival.
· Every child receives a monetary gift for New Year. The gift is wrapped in a red envelope.
· I wish you happiness that comes from within, the best of luck to keep you pushing and peace in all days of the New Year. - Gong Xi Fa Cai, Popular New Year song
Chinese New Year Top Events and Things to Do
· Sing a popular Chinese New Year song called Gonf Xi Fa Cai.
· Clean your house. It is customary for Chinese to clean their homes in preparation for the New Year and the fresh start.
· Prepare your red envelopes for the kids. This is considered lucky money for children.
· Attend a Chinese New Year Festival in a town near you. Most large cities in the US have a Chinatown district that will host events and pageants.
· Get together with friends and create a long dragon on sticks. One person gets to create the head, and the remainder creates the long flowy tail. Remember to use bright colors.
The Devil and Temptations
There are many and varied ways in which sin and evil are presented to us in an attractive way. Avoid them as you would a viper in the desert.
The Kingdom Of Darkness and Forbidden Power
· Witchcraft or superstitious magic is used to produce effects that are beyond the power of man. These effects may be good or bad and are brought about by the use of magical words or gestures, or the use of magical herbs, powders, liquids or similar things. There is often a specific invocation of the devil. Physical evils are directed against individuals because of hatred or jealousy. We have all heard about sticking pins in dolls, the evil eye, the eating of cursed food or drinking a liquid, that through the power of darkness is to cause harm, sickness, or death. This is witchcraft. Today, witches can be found almost everywhere, and often they are presented in a positive light. Just remember everyone involved in false worship, seeking forbidden knowledge, or using forbidden power should be absolutely avoided.
· There is also an increased interest in African witchcraft-- voodooism. The gods of voodooism are good and bad. Usually a voodoo service begins after sunset and ends in the early morning. It often includes a bloody sacrifice of a goat or chicken. There is prayer and singing. The gods are supposed to briefly enter into the persons during the ritual.
· In voodooism and witchcraft, Catholic objects such as images of saints, crucifixes, candles, holy water and Catholic prayers are sometimes used, as well as other objects and prayers. Do not be fooled by the apparent religious nature of what happens.
· If you have any objects or written prayers that have been used in witchcraft or given you by a witch, they should be completely destroyed.
If you have been involved in witchcraft you must renounce the devil, renounce the witchcraft in which you have been involved and all witchcraft, ask God's pardon, and confess your sin to a priest. In Confession (the Sacrament of Reconciliation) there is Divine Power needed to free one from the influence of evil.
· Manhood of the Master-Day 6 week 3
· Please pray for me and this ministry
Wednesday In the Octave of Epiphany Hebrews, Chapter 2, Verse 14-15 14 Now since the children share in blood and flesh, he likewi...
DAY 51 - OUR LADY OF FATIMA, PRAY FOR US SEEKING HARMONY There are actually three wounds that ravage souls and bring spiritual death to them...
Our Lady of Prompt Succor Genesis, Chapter 28, Verse 17 He was AFRAID and said, 'How awe-inspiring this place is! This is nothing...
Judith, Chapter 10, Verse 16 When you stand before him, have no fear in your heart; give him the report you have given us, and he will...
DAY 52 - OUR LADY OF GUADALUPE, PRAY FOR US POWER OF PRAYER The heroes of our faith are the warrior saints who have gone before us. God work...
Religious freedom day Psalm 19, Verse 10-11 10 The FEAR of the LORD is pure, enduring forever. The statutes of the LORD are true, all...
First Friday Ezekiel, Chapter 18, Verse 14-17 14 But, in turn, if he (a sinful man) begets a son who sees all the sins his father c...
pearl harbor day Psalm 27, verse 1: 1 The LORD is my light and my salvation; whom should I fear ? The LORD is my life’s refuge; o...
MLK DAY Genesis, Chapter 31, Verse 42 If the God of my father, the God of Abraham and the FEAR of Isaac, had not been on my side, you...