Romans, Chapter 1, Verse 5-7
DAY 35 - MARY, REFUGE OF SINNERS, PRAY FOR US CATCH EXCELLENCE The desire to enter the fight is a desire to enter into a genuine training ...
Sunday, September 9, 2018
Monday, September 10, 2018
MUHARRAN (ISALMIC NEW YEAR)
5 Through him we have received the grace of apostleship, to bring about the obedience of faith, for the sake of his name, among all the Gentiles, 6 among whom are you also, who are called to belong to Jesus Christ; 7 to all the beloved of God in Rome, called to be holy. Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
The Romans, through the Caesars, sought peace among men by the liberal use of the displays of power and majesty; using fear as a tool for total control and subjugation. This was the Pax Romana. Christ, the son of God, by His sacrifice showed the Romans another way; the true way via the church and the Precious Blood to obtain a far greater peace; peace with God and finally peace with our selves. This is the triumph of the Cross.
As a parent we can be more effective if we remember that using fear as a tool to total control and subjugation is not the way of Christ.
RULES for parents
Bear in mind the following:
1. A little child kicks and screams because he thinks, —or perhaps because he knows from experience, —that in order to avoid a scene you will give in to him and let him have what he wants. You must prove to him that this is a mistaken idea of his. You are not going to give in.
2. Do not get angry. Do not slap.
3. Say firmly, "No; when you stop screaming I will speak to you." Then leave the child alone in a safe room. Or, if he must be in the room with you, do not notice him. Keep busy with something or other.
4. After a while, say quietly, "Little Jesus does not like screaming and kicking. He loves you and He does not want you to do that."
5. Stop. Keep quiet. Be patient.
6. If the child slows down at times, waits to see if you will give in, and then starts up again, do not worry. He is showing that he begins to understand. Ignore him. Finally, he will yield. He may fall asleep.
7. Two or three performances like this will end the bad habit and establish a good one
8. Remember: Be gentle; but be firm and consistent. Remain very calm and silent.
Muharran (Isalmic New Year) at sundown
· Muharram (1st first month of the Islamic calendar), is the holiest month after Ramadan. This month is most recommended by Muhammad to fast and worship in.
· The Islamic method of dating was invented by Umar ibn Al-Khattab, a close friend of Muhammad. He was the second Islamic Caliph (rulers) and in the year 638 he standardized the many calendars of the Arabian Peninsula.
· The Islamic calendar is lunar cycle based and contains twelve months that make up a total of 354.36 days together.
· There are parallels between this holiday and the day of Ashura. Ashura commemorates what Muslims believe is Moses crossing the Red Sea to escape the oppressive Pharaoh on Ashura. Similarly, the Islamic New Year marks Muhammad's crossing the desert between Mecca and Medina to escape the oppressive Quraish nobles. For both observances, Muhammad recommended Muslims to fast.
· The Islamic calendar is abbreviated A.H. or Anno Hegirae in Western languages. The first date on the Islamic calendar, 1,1 Muharram A.H. corresponds to July 16, year 622.
Top Events and Things to Do
· Muslim parents traditionally tell their children of Muhammad's escape from Mecca to Medina on this night.
· Attend a Islamic New Year Celebration. In Indonesia, the government holds various parades and marches to celebrate the Islamic New Year. This includes chanting songs called kidung.
· Read more about Muhammad's journey from Mecca to Medina by reading his biography, The Sealed Nectar.
World Missionary Rosary
For an increase in Faith, Hope and Love in the world
Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen was a universally popular evangelist, radio/TV personality, writer and missionary. He is most known for his television series, “Life is Worth Living” which had a viewing audience of over 30 million people. Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen was also national director of the Society for the Propagation of the Faith from 1950 to 1966. In February 1951, he inaugurated a green for the forests and grasslands of Africa; blue for the ocean surrounding the islands of the Pacific; white symbolizing Europe, the seat of the Holy Father, shepherd of the world; red calling to mind the fire of faith that brought missionaries to the Americas, and yellow, the morning light of the east, for Asia. Archbishop Sheen said, “Peace will come only when the hearts of the world have changed. When the World Mission Rosary is completed, one has embraced all continents, all people in prayer.”during his radio address, The Catholic Hour. “We must pray, and not for ourselves, but for the world,” he exhorted. “To this end, I have designed the World Mission Rosary.” Praying this Rosary, Archbishop Sheen said, would “aid the Holy Father and his Society for the Propagation of the Faith by supplying him with practical support, as well as prayers, for the poor mission territories of the world.” Each decade of that World Mission Rosary calls to mind an area where the Church continues her evangelizing mission:
This rosary reminds us of the double love of God and neighbor.
35 Promises of God cont.
10. “If you confess with your lips that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.”-Rom 10:9
"Read these counsels slowly. Pause to meditate on these thoughts. They are things that I whisper in your ear-confiding them-as a friend, as a brother, as a father. And they are being heard by God. I won't tell you anything new. I will only stir your memory, so that some thought will arise and strike you; and so you will better your life and set out along ways of prayer and of Love. And in the end you will be a more worthy soul."
55. If you don't get up at a fixed time you will never carry out your plan of life.
Today take the family out for a little KFC to commemorate Harland Sanders born in 1890.
FEAST OF SAINT MARTIN/VETERANS DAY Acts, Chapter 26, Verse 5-7 5 They have known about me from the start, if they are willing ...
Auxilium Christianorum - Praying for Persecuted Priests Monday, May 24 is the Feast of Mary Mother of the Church. It is also the Feast of ...
Judith, Chapter 10, Verse 16 When you stand before him, have no fear in your heart; give him the report you have given us, and he will...
Wednesday after laetare Sunday: end of mid-lent  Jeremiah, Chapter 26, verse 19 Did Hezekiah, king of Judah, and all Judah conde...
feast of saint anthony, abbot Sirach, Chapter 22, Verse 16 A wooden beam firmly bonded into a building is not loosened by an earthqu...
Ash Wednesday Deuteronomy, Chapter 18, Verse 21-22 21 Should you say to yourselves, “How can we recognize that a word is one th...
Romans, Chapter 8, verse 14-15 14 For those who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God. 15 For you did not receive a ...
Leviticus, Chapter 25, Verse 17 Do not deal unfairly with one another, then; but stand in fear of your God. I, the LORD, am your God. ...
Plough Monday ORTHODOX CHRISTMAS-DISTAFF DAY Psalm 2, verse 11 Serve the LORD with fear ; exult with trembling , accept corr...
Full Worm Moon According to the almanac we are having a Full Worm Moon-plan to take your family or grandchildren fishing! Humm...