DAY 44 - MARY, QUEEN OF ALL SAINTS, PRAY FOR US The Warrior Ethos The Soldier's Creed of the United States Army states: "I am dis...
Monday, September 17, 2018
Monday, September 17, 2018
Romans, Chapter 15, Verse 13
May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit.
The God of Hope?
It has been said that the only things worse than insanity are despair and hopelessness. But praise the Lord, we serve a God of hope! The Greek word for "hope" is elpo meaning "to look forward to with pleasurable confidence and expectation." The Apostle Paul wrote to the Romans, "Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may aboard in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost" (Romans 15:13). Paul introduces an incredible idea "that you may abound in hope" He means, "that you may have enough to spare; a supply that is overflowing, excessive, beyond measure!" Some may think, "That sounds like a cruel joke. In my present condition all I want is a ray of hope, just a single evidence of answered prayer. Just one little sign of change!" But beloved, God's Word is true! He is a God of hope -- a hope that is excessive, overflowing and beyond measure. Paul's prayer for the people of God was that He would "fill you with all joy and peace in believing." This is to be a normal state for all Christians: not just for well-adjusted, happy-go-lucky believers -- but for all! God is not mocking His hurting children today. He is now a God of hope, ready to flood your soul with exceeding, overflowing joy and peace by the power of the Holy Ghost in you. Paul said, "For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for? But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it" (Romans 8:24-25) Yet we respond by demanding to see a change in our situation: "But I could have hope if I could just see a little movement, a small piece of evidence that God is working for my good, just something to get hold of. I need to see something change. How can I have hope when months go by and things only get worse?" But "to abound in hope" is to have excessive, overflowing patience -- more than enough patience to "wait for it." You see, the joy and peace come when you know God has everything under control!
Constitution Day Facts & Quotes
· The 225th anniversary of the U.S. Constitution was celebrated in 2012. Of all international constitutions written, the U.S. Constitution is the oldest and shortest.
· The Constitution is a short document with only 4,543 words before the amendments. In contrast, the Bible is approximately 20 times longer, while Harry Potter has approximately 70,000 more words.
· More than 11,000 amendments have been proposed in Congress. However, only 27 amendments received approval to become official amendments to the Constitution.
· The words God and Democracy are not found in the United States Constitution.
· Today is a big step in our march toward equality. Gay and lesbian couples now have the right to marry, just like anyone else. #Love Wins -tweet by President Barack Obama on June 26, 2015. This after US Supreme Court ruled on this day that same-sex marriage is a right protected by the United States Constitution.
You can see by the last bullet that as Christ’s own we may not be able to be faithful to both our nation and our God; there may come a time in this nation that we may have to choose. I choose to cling to my gun and bible.
Marriage and Same-Sex Unions
35 Promises of God cont.
“The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to keep still.” Ex 14:14
"Read these counsels slowly. Pause to meditate on these thoughts. They are things that I whisper in your ear-confiding them-as a friend, as a brother, as a father. And they are being heard by God. I won't tell you anything new. I will only stir your memory, so that some thought will arise and strike you; and so you will better your life and set out along ways of prayer and of Love. And in the end you will be a more worthy soul."
55. Slowly. Consider what you are saying, to whom it is being said and by whom. For that hurried talk, without time for reflection, is just empty noise. And with Saint Teresa, I will tell you that, however much you work your lips, I do not call it prayer.
Auxilium Christianorum - Praying for Persecuted Priests Monday, May 24 is the Feast of Mary Mother of the Church. It is also the Feast of ...
Judith, Chapter 10, Verse 16 When you stand before him, have no fear in your heart; give him the report you have given us, and he will...
Ash Wednesday Deuteronomy, Chapter 18, Verse 21-22 21 Should you say to yourselves, “How can we recognize that a word is one th...
Wednesday after laetare Sunday: end of mid-lent  Jeremiah, Chapter 26, verse 19 Did Hezekiah, king of Judah, and all Judah conde...
Leviticus, Chapter 25, Verse 17 Do not deal unfairly with one another, then; but stand in fear of your God. I, the LORD, am your God. ...
Romans, Chapter 8, verse 14-15 14 For those who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God. 15 For you did not receive a ...
Global Day of Prayer: June 15th Flame of Love Rosary Livestream ST. MICHAEL THE ARCHANGEL IS CALLING FOR A GLOBAL DAY OF PRAYER T...
First Saturday ST. BASIL/9 th Day of Christmas -MOTIVATION DAY Psalm 23, verse 4: 4 Even though I walk through the valley of the...
DAY 7 - MOTHER MOST CHASTE, PRAY THAT WE RECEIVE THE GIFT OF COURAGE! GOD'S WORD "Wait for the LORD; Be strong and let your heart...
DAY 15 - VIRGIN MOST PRUDENT, PRAY THAT WE RECEIVE THE GIFT OF FEAR OF THE LORD! GOD'S WORD "Serve the Lord in fear, and exult ...