- An act or instance of taking something to be true or adopting a particular attitude toward something, especially at the start of a chain of argument or action.
- Behavior perceived as arrogant, disrespectful, and transgressing the limits of what is permitted or appropriate. "he lifted her off the ground and she was enraged at his presumption"
Why did Our Saviour so often predict His sufferings to His apostles?
1. To show that He already knew of them, thereby indicating His omniscience; and that,
2. He desired to suffer.
3. In order that His disciples should not be scandalized at His humiliation, nor think evil of Him as if He had deceived them, but by remembering His words, be rather confirmed in their belief in Him as the Son of God and Redeemer of the world.
Eastern Orthodox Church
- First, the demons tempt through deception. (The Devil is the father of lies)
- Second, demons tempt through accusation.
- Third, the Devil tempts us through doubt as he seeks to diminish our faith. (Don’t hesitate in faith)
- Fourth, demons tempt us through enticement. (Don’t take the bait)
- Finally, demons can tempt us through provocation. (Don’t give into vexations)
We now implore all the Angels and Saints to intercede for us as we pray this Holy Novena to the Most Holy Face of Jesus and for the glory of the most Holy Trinity, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Amen.
Through the merits of your precious blood and your Holy Face, O Jesus, grant us our petition, Pardon and Mercy.
O Bleeding Face, O Face Divine, be every adoration Thine. (Three times)