Tuesday, April 2, 2019
Tuesday Of the Fourth Week of Lent
Psalm 46, Verse 3-4
3 Thus we do not fear, though earth be shaken and mountains quake to the depths of the sea, 4 though its waters rage and foam and mountains totter at its surging.
The Roman soldiers guarding His tomb did not fear God even though the earth did shake and having witnessed His resurrection for they did not confess with their lips that Jesus is Lord; yet they did fear the Jews and took their money which they died with. Today confess Him with your lips knowing that Christ is the conqueror of the Nations for He is our refuge and our strength, an ever-present help in distress.
Come and see the works of the LORD, who has done fearsome deeds on earth; Who stops wars to the ends of the earth, breaks the bow, splinters the spear, and burns the shields with fire; “Be still and know that I am God! (Psalm 46:9-11)
Tuesday Of the Fourth Week of Lent
Prayer. WE beseech Thee, O Lord, that the fasts of this holy observance may procure us an increase of piety in our lives, and the continual help of Thy mercy.
EPISTLE. Exodus xxxii. 7-14.
In those days the Lord spoke to Moses, saying: Go, get thee down: thy people, which thou hast brought out of the land of Egypt, hath sinned. They have quickly strayed from the way which thou didst show them: and they have made to themselves a molten calf, and have adored it, and sacrificing victims to it, have said: These are thy gods, O Israel, that have brought thee out of the land of Egypt. And again, the Lord said to Moses: I see that this people is stiff-necked: let Me alone, that My wrath may be kindled against them, and that I may destroy them, and I will make of thee a great nation. But Moses besought the Lord his God, saying: Why, O Lord, is Thy indignation enkindled against Thy people, whom Thou hast brought out of the land of Egypt, with great power, and with a mighty hand?
Let not the Egyptians say, I beseech Thee: He craftily brought them out, that He might kill them in the mountains, and destroy them from the earth: let Thy anger cease, and be appeased upon the wickedness of Thy people. Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, Thy servants, to whom Thou sworest by Thy own self, saying: I will multiply your seed as the stars of heaven: and this whole land that I have spoken of, I will give to your seed, and you shall possess it forever. And the Lord was appeased from doing the evil which He had spoken against His people.
GOSPEL. John vii. 14-31.
Jesus answered them and said: My doctrine is not Mine, but His that sent Me. If any man will do the will of Him: he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of Myself. He that speaketh of himself, seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh the glory of him that sent him, he is true, and there is no injustice in him. Did not Moses give you the law, and yet none of you keepeth the law? Why seek you to kill Me? The multitude answered, and said: Thou hast a devil; who seeketh to kill Thee?
Jesus answered and said to them: One work I have done; and you all wonder: therefore, Moses gave you circumcision (not because it is of Moses, but of the fathers); and on the Sabbath-day you circumcise a man. If a man receive circumcision on the Sabbath-day, that the law of Moses may not be broken; are you angry at Me because I have healed the whole man on the Sabbath-day?
Judge not according to the appearance, but judge just judgment. Some therefore of Jerusalem said: Is not this He Whom they seek to kill?
And behold He speaketh openly, and they say nothing to Him. Have the rulers known for a truth that this is the Christ?
But we know this man whence He is but when the Christ cometh, no man knoweth whence He is. Jesus therefore cried out in the temple, teaching and saying: You both know Me, and you know whence I am, and I am not come of Myself; but He that sent Me is true, Whom you know not. I know Him, because I am from Him, and He hath sent Me. They sought therefore to apprehend Him: and no man laid hands on Him, because His hour was not yet come. But of the people many believed in Him.
Read: The Seven Penitential Psalms, Day Seven:
(During times when we wish to express repentance and especially during Lent, it is customary to pray the seven penitential psalms. The penitential designation of these psalms dates from the seventh century. Prayerfully reciting these psalms will help us to recognize our sinfulness, express our sorrow and ask for God’s forgiveness.)
Today we will focus on Psalm 143.
Reflect: Read a reflection of Psalm 143—A Prayer in Distress.
Pray:“Hasten to answer me, LORD; for my spirit fails me. Do not hide your face from me, lest I become like those descending to the pit. In the morning let me hear of your mercy, for in you I trust. Show me the path I should walk, for I entrust my life to you.” (Ps 143:7-8)
Act: The psalmist pleads his case before the Lord: he is surrounded by enemies, his spirit is faint, and he has nothing left to withstand them. And so, he begs for mercy, that the Lord would show his face and be his refuge in his time of great need.
World Autism Awareness Day seeks to raise awareness of the autism spectrum disorders and improve the lives of those currently living with autism. Autism refers to a lifelong brain development disorder that affects social interactions, learning, routines and communication. It is estimated that approximately 1% of the global population is autistic. World Autism Awareness Day was designated by the United Nations in 2007 in an effort to end stigmatization and discrimination against those with autism. World Autism Day is celebrated annually on April 2nd and fits in with the UN's Agenda for Sustainable Development, which promises to leave no one behind.
World Autism Awareness Day Facts & Quotes
· Autism now affects 1 in 68 children and 1 in 42 boys. Boys are 5 times more likely to have autism than girls.
· Autism costs a family $60,000 a year on average.
· 35 % of young adults (aged 19-23) with autism have not had a job or received postgraduate education after leaving high school.
· Who do you think made the first stone spears? The Asperger guy. If you were to get rid of all the autism genetics, there would be no more Silicon. – Temple Grandin, world-renowned Autism spokesperson and university professor.
World Autism Awareness Day Top Events and Things to Do
· Wear blue in order to support World Autism Day. The color blue is internationally recognized as a symbol of support for World Autism Day and it is accompanied by the catchphrase wear blue, April 2.
· Watch a movie about autism such as Fly Away, Sounding the Alarm and The Story of Luke.
· Light up your home or your business in blue like many famous buildings or monuments worldwide. There are many ways you can do this. It can be as simple as putting blue plastic over floodlights to project the color blue on your home. You can also use a blue Phillips light bulb, which can be bought at Home Depot.
· Get active on social media by taking a picture of yourself wearing blue and posting it using the hashtags #LIUB (Light it up Blue), #WorldAutismAwarenessDay, #WAD and #autism. You can also turn your profile photo blue on social media by putting a blue frame over it.
· Take part in an Autism Speaks Walk that raises money for the cause. You can gather a team and walk in support of someone you know with autism or simply donate, walk and enjoy the day with thousands of others.
· Manhood of Christ Day 7, Fourth Week.
Notice 9-11 patriot day
Goffine’s Devout Instructions, 1896
Post a Comment