FEAST OF ST. JOHN OF CAPISTRANO Job, Chapter 21, Verse 28 And to mortals he said: See: the fear of the Lord is wisdom; and avo...
Tuesday, September 10, 2019
Wednesday, Septermber 11, 2019
1 Maccabees, Chapter 10, Verse 8
They were struck with fear when they heard that the king had given him authority to gather an army.
The, they, in this verse were the Hellenized Jews who were losing their power which came from supporting Greece (King Demetrius). At once they were afraid for their lives realizing that their power over Jonathan was gone, they decided to leave Jerusalem. Along comes Alexander Balas who claims to be the son of Antiochus and the rightful king, he has the backing of Rome. Jonathan plays these two opponents against each other to make Jerusalem great again. Jonathan then accepts from Alexander permission to become high priest which he accepts. There is just one problem; he is not a Levi, only Levis can be priests. Here is high stakes politicking.
Patriot Day is a day the US remembers the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001. This day is commonly referred to as 9-11 (Nine-Eleven). It is believed that 2,977 people died in the attacks. President George W. Bush proclaimed September 11th Patriot Day in 2002.
Patriot Day (Sept 11) Facts
· On September 11th, US Flags should be flown at half-mast - both on US soil and abroad.
· A moment of silence is held at 8:46 a.m. (EST) across the nation - commemorating the time the first plane struck the North Tower of the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001.
· The National September 11 Memorial and Museum takes up over half of the destroyed World Trade Center site. It contains bronze parapets inscribed with the names of those killed on September 11, 2001 and those killed in the 1993 World Trade Center attack.
· Cleaning up Ground Zero, as the World Trade Center was renamed, took 18 months and 19 days, and was completed in May of 2002.
· The Twin Towers of the World Trade Center were once the tallest buildings in the world and contained enough concrete to build a sidewalk from New York City to Washington D.C
Top Events and Things to Do
· Visit the National September 11 Memorial and Museum in New York City.
· Observe a moment of silence.
· Attend a 9/11 Memorial Service.
· Share with a group of children your memories of 9/11 and how the events of the day forever changed America.
· Show support for local police and firemen as a way to honor the emergency personnel who gave their lives on 9/11.
· Firemen on that day climbed 2200 steps in the stairs of the towers to save lives; perhaps today would be a good day to climb 2200 stair steps and donate one cent for each step ($22.00) to a 911 fund that supports the widows and orphans.
This year marks the 101th anniversary of the miracle of the sun at Fatima in 1917. Mary asks that in order for us to be happy in this life and the next that we follow her example of prayer, sacrifice and devotion to her son Christ by making a total consecration to her immaculate heart. This consecration takes 33 days of prayer and reflection. As it is exactly 33 days from 9/11 to 10/13 I propose we make a gift of ourselves to Christ through Mary in preparation of the 101th anniversary of the miracle of the sun.St. Louis de Montfort (1673 – 1716) had a profound devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary and wrote extensively on the virtues of Our Lady, what true devotion to her consists in, and how the faithful need to turn to her as the way to her Son, Jesus Christ. In his classic writings (The Secret of Mary, The Secret of the Rosary, and True Devotion to Mary) he recommends that the faithful formally consecrate themselves to the Blessed Mother. For this end he developed a specific 33-day program consisting of various prayers and readings to help the faithful detach themselves from the world and bond themselves more closely with Christ through the example and intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary. St. Louis de Montfort stands in a long tradition of saints completely devoted to Our Lady, and his work has been influential in the lives of many other saints, notable among them is Pope St. John Paul II who took his papal motto, "Totus Tuus" (Totally Yours) from de Montfort. This "Total Consecration of Jesus through Mary" consists of an intial 12-day preparation followed by a period of three consecutive weeks, each week focusing on a different theme. It is recommended that the consecration be done on a major feast day of Our Lady, meaning that the preparation would begin 33 days prior. That is, after the 33-day program is completed, the Act of Consecration is made on a Marian feast day. Once you make the consecration, it is for life. It can then be renewed annually. Keep in mind that this is a formal consecration to Our Lady, not unlike a vow, that is to be done in a solemn manner. Through this 33-day program you are giving Mary all of yourself - heart, mind, and soul - in order to bring you to her Son, Jesus Christ. Also, that she may use you as a holy instrument in her battle with Satan - i.e. this consecration allows her the free reign in your life to make you holy (as she assists you, through the Holy Spirit, to conform to her virtues) and to use your prayers, sacrifices, and sufferings for the greater glory of God.
“The Immaculata alone has from God the promise of victory over Satan. She seeks souls that will consecrate themselves entirely to her, that will become in her hands forceful instruments for the defeat of Satan and the spread of God's kingdom."- St. Maximilian Kolbe
35 Promises of God cont.
“So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed.”
· Battle for the Soul of America-Day 25
Adoration for Our Nation A Nationwide Day of Prayer 3 November 2020 Let's unite our country in prayer on election day Across the natio...
Judith, Chapter 10, Verse 16 When you stand before him, have no fear in your heart; give him the report you have given us, and he will...
Introduction to the Epistle of Jude  Author, Date, and Recipients The book was written by Jude, the brother of James and Jesus ...
ST JOHN PAUL II Psalm 33, Verse 8 Let all the earth FEAR the LORD; let all who dwell in the world show him reverence. Reverence is ...
ST. IGNATIUS OF ANTIOCH-FORGIVE AN EX DAY Revelation, Chapter 2, Verse 10 Do not be AFRAID of anything that you are going to suffer...
MARTYRS OF NORTH AMERICA Romans, Chapter 4, Verse 18-22 18 He believed, hoping against hope , that he would become “the fathe...
Revelation, Chapter 14, Verse 6-7 6 Then I saw another angel flying high overhead, with everlasting good news to announce to those who ...
Deuteronomy, Chapter 3, Verse 22 Do not fear them, for it is the LORD, your God, who will fight for you. What are the demons in you...
Read about Rosary Coast to Coast and the National Rosary Rally HERE Here is the link to livestream. Begins at 2:30pm EST: https://us02we...