NATIONAL PUMPKIN DAY 1 Corinthians, Chapter 4, Verse 21 Which do you prefer? Shall I come to you with a rod, or with love and ...
Tuesday, October 29, 2019
Wednesday, October 30, 2019
Job, Chapter 39, Verse 16
She cruelly disowns her young and her labor is useless; she has no fear.
Job is now being confronted by He that Is. “The wings of the ostrich flap away; her plumage is lacking in feathers. When she abandons her eggs on the ground and lets them warm in the sand, she forgets that a foot may crush them, that the wild beasts may trample them; she cruelly disowns her young and her labor is useless; she has no fear. For God has withheld wisdom from her and given her no share in understanding. Yet when she spreads her wings high, she laughs at a horse and rider.
Discourse of God
· Enter God. He comes down in a whirlwind and poses a number of rhetorical questions to Job, all of which are designed to show Job how small he is in relation to the universe...which, by the way, God created.
· God's wisdom isn't like human wisdom. After all, God is concerned with making waves flow and the architecture of the heavens.
· This doesn't mean that human affairs don't concern him; they're just one part of a vast, unknowable whole.
· Basically, Job's question is answered with a bunch of equally unanswerable questions. He is completely and totally out of his league on this one.
· God talks of natural things in human terms so that Job can understand them. By doing so, he illustrates how the mortal and the immortal are so far apart even though they are physically close together (38:28).
Has the rain a father? Who has begotten the drops of dew?
Humility at its source is knowing that all goodness comes from the Spirit; even in the mist of our crosses. This prayer by Saint Francis de Sales is a great consolation for those who do not understand the crosses which God has entrusted to them.
The everlasting God has in His wisdom foreseen from eternity the cross that He now presents to you as a gift from His inmost heart. This cross He now sends you He has considered with His all-knowing eyes, understood with His divine mind, tested with His wise justice, warmed with loving arms and weighed with His own hands to see that it be not one inch too large and not one ounce too heavy for you. He has blessed it with His holy Name, anointed it with His consolation, taken one last glance at you and your courage, and then sent it to you from heaven, a special greeting from God to you, an alms of the all-merciful love of God.
TREATISES ON PEACE It seems we have come to the end of our almost two-year journey exploring all the bible verses that contain the wor...
John 14, verse 27 PEACE I leave with you; my PEACE I give to you. Not as the world gives do I give it to you. Do not let your hearts b...
ST JOHN PAUL II Psalm 33, Verse 8 Let all the earth FEAR the LORD; let all who dwell in the world show him reverence. Reverence is ...
Day 39-Let Freedom Ring: Freedom from Presumption ANNOUNCEMENT! We are getting very...
FEAST OF ST. JOHN OF CAPISTRANO Revelation, Chapter 18, Verse 11-18 11 The mercha...
Revelation, Chapter 15, Verse 4 Who will not FEAR you, Lord, or glorify your name? For you alone are holy. All the nations will come an...
Revelation, Chapter 14, Verse 6-7 6 Then I saw another angel flying high overhead, with everlasting good news to announce to those who ...
Judith, Chapter 10, Verse 16 When you stand before him, have no fear in your heart; give him the report you have given us, and he will...