Tuesday, February 18, 2020
- · Pay a visit to the Blessed Sacrament as often as possible; even a "pop" call is better than none.
- · Receive Holy Communion frequently, daily if possible.
- · Approach the Communion devoutly; make sure your attire is in keeping with the sacredness of the occasion.
- · Avoid all unnecessary noise during the sacred moments of the Consecration of the Mass.
- · Attend weekday Mass whenever possible.
- · Prepare to receive our Eucharistic Lord. Following the Mass prayers by using a Missal is recommended.
- · Spend at least fifteen minutes in prayer as an act of thanksgiving after receiving Christ's Body and Blood in Holy Communion.
- · Often make a spiritual communion, particularly when attending Mass without receiving the sacrament of the Eucharist.
- · Have Holy Masses read for the souls of your loved ones.
- · Participate in the Forty Hours Devotion of our parish churches.
- · Get into the habit of reciting ejaculatory prayers in honor of the Real Presence.
- · When genuflecting before the tabernacle say: "Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament, I adore and love You."
We now implore all the Angels and Saints to intercede for us as we pray this Holy Novena to the Most Holy Face of Jesus and for the glory of the most Holy Trinity, Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Amen.
You are just when you pass sentence on me, blameless when you give judgment. You know I was born guilty, a sinner from the moment of conception.
O Jesus! Cast upon us a look of mercy; turn your Face towards each of us as you did to Veronica; not that we may see it with our bodily eyes, for this we do not deserve, but turn it towards our hearts, so that, remembering you, we may ever draw from this fountain of strength the vigor necessary to sustain the combats of life. Amen. Mary, Our Mother, and Saint Joseph, pray for us.
Through the merits of your precious blood and your Holy Face, O Jesus, grant us our petition, Pardon and Mercy.
Prayer of Saint Francis
All highest, glorious God, cast your light into the darkness of our hearts, give us true faith, firm hope, perfect charity and profound humility, so that with wisdom, courage and perception, O Lord, we may do what is truly your holy will. Amen.
To the Angels and Saints
We salute you, through the Holy Face and Sacred Heart of Jesus, O all you Holy Angels and Saints of God. We rejoice in your glory, and we give thanks to our Lord for all the benefits which He has showered upon you; we praise Him and glorify Him and offer you for an increase of your joy and honor, the most Holy Face and gentle Heart of Jesus. Pray that we may become formed according to the heart of God. Amen.
O Bleeding Face, O Face Divine, be every adoration Thine. (Three times)