Tuesday In the Octave of Epiphany
Genesis, chapter 22, Verse 12
“Do not lay your hand on the boy,” said the angel. “Do not do the least thing to him. For now, I know that you FEAR god, since you did not withhold from me your son, your only one.”
This was the last test of Abraham. It was by Abraham’s confidence and humility before God that all the peoples of the earth are blessed for God did not withhold from us his only son Jesus Christ in sacrifice for our sins.
Rabbinical sources record that there were 10 tests of Abraham:
1) God tells him to leave his homeland to be a stranger in the land of Canaan.
2) Immediately after his arrival in the Promised Land, he encounters a famine.
3) The Egyptians capture his beloved wife, Sarah, and bring her to Pharaoh.
4) Abraham faces incredible odds in the battle of the four and five kings.
5) He marries Hagar after not being able to have children with Sarah.
6) God tells him to circumcise himself at an advanced age.
7) The king of Gerar captures Sarah, intending to take her for himself.
8) God tells him to send Hagar away after having a child with her.
9) His son, Ishmael, becomes estranged.
10) God tells him to sacrifice his dear son Isaac upon an altar.
Stroll Through a City Made of Ice
Thru February 25
Ice carving in Northeast China is said to have developed back to the Qing dynasty when fishermen would pull ice from the Songhua River to carve into lanterns. All those years of experience evolved into the epic Harbin International Ice & Snow Festival, with artists and sculptors competing to create the largest, most extravagant and intricately detailed structures. Attracting 10 to 15 million visitors a year, entire buildings are recreated in frozen form to make a city of ice. The sculptures are life-size versions of famous buildings, structures and characters, all created by master sculptors and artists. Observe the sculptures during the day, and engage in other optional activities such as sledding, ice hockey and ice mini golf. Revisit the festival at night, when the ice is lit up with colorful lights.
· Make reparations to the Holy Face-Tuesday Devotion
· Pray Day 6 of the Novena for our Pope and Bishops
· Tuesday: Litany of St. Michael the Archangel
· Offering to the sacred heart of Jesus
Post a Comment