DAY 28 - MARY, TOWER OF DAVID, PRAY FOR US!
DRAW YOUR STRENGTH FROM THE LORD
PRAY A ROSARY
- Rosary of the Day: Joyful Mysteries
- Traditional 54 Day Rotation: Joyful Mysteries
2 Maccabees, Chapter 15, Verse 23
And now, Sovereign of the heavens, send a good angel to spread FEAR and trembling ahead of us.
God calls some to be Kings, some to be Prophets, some to be Warriors and some to be lovers or artists. Nevertheless, God demands all of us to choose.
God is calling on His children not to be lulled into the spirit of self-absorbed lethargy that now pervades this God-denying world. Judgment is now on the house of God (I Peter 4:17). Those who do not pass His muster will be denied protection from the horrifying earthquake at Christ's return, one so terrifying that people plead for death! Our attention now, while we still have the chance, must be riveted on pleasing Him with our attention and energies focused upon the spiritual things that cannot be shaken and moved. Which shall it be? Will we fritter away our opportunity—which is far greater than merely being golden—by carelessly allowing time to get away from us, or will we make our calling and election sure while we have time, as Peter charges us in II Peter 1:5-10? Every one of us has this same choice. We must all take Paul's advice and not presumptuously think we stand as we are (I Corinthians 10:12). Make good use of the grace given to us!
Patriot Day is a day the US remembers the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001. This day is commonly referred to as 9-11 (Nine-Eleven). It is believed that 2,977 people died in the attacks. President George W. Bush proclaimed September 11th Patriot Day in 2002.
Patriot Day (Sept 11) Facts
· On September 11th, US Flags should be flown at half-mast - both on US soil and abroad.
· A moment of silence is held at 8:46 a.m. (EST) across the nation - commemorating the time the first plane struck the North Tower of the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001.
· The National September 11 Memorial and Museum takes up over half of the destroyed World Trade Center site. It contains bronze parapets inscribed with the names of those killed on September 11, 2001, and those killed in the 1993 World Trade Center attack.
· Cleaning up Ground Zero, as the World Trade Center was renamed, took 18 months and 19 days, and was completed in May of 2002.
· The Twin Towers of the World Trade Center were once the tallest buildings in the world and contained enough concrete to build a sidewalk from New York City to Washington D.C
Top Events and Things to Do
· Visit the National September 11 Memorial and Museum in New York City.
· Observe a moment of silence.
· Attend a 9/11 Memorial Service.
· Share with a group of children your memories of 9/11 and how the events of the day forever changed America.
· Show support for local police and firemen as a way to honor the emergency personnel who gave their lives on 9/11.
· Firemen on that day climbed 2200 steps in the stairs of the towers to save lives; perhaps today would be a good day to climb 2200 stair steps and donate one cent for each step ($22.00) to a 911 fund that supports the widows and orphans.
Total Consecration to Jesus through Mary
Mary asks that in order for us to be happy in this life and the next that we follow her example of prayer, sacrifice and devotion to her son Christ by making a total consecration to her immaculate heart. This consecration takes 33 days of prayer and reflection. As it is exactly 33 days from 9/11 to 10/13(miracle of the sun in Fatima 1917)
I propose we make a gift of ourselves to Christ through Mary for the protection of America and the Holy Roman Catholic Church.
Iceman's Total Consecration to Mary
St. Louis de Montfort (1673 – 1716) had a profound devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary and wrote extensively on the virtues of Our Lady, what true devotion to her consists in, and how the faithful need to turn to her as the way to her Son, Jesus Christ. In his classic writings (The Secret of Mary, The Secret of the Rosary, and True Devotion to Mary) he recommends that the faithful formally consecrate themselves to the Blessed Mother. For this end he developed a specific 33-day program consisting of various prayers and readings to help the faithful detach themselves from the world and bond themselves more closely with Christ through the example and intercession of the Blessed Virgin Mary. St. Louis de Montfort stands in a long tradition of saints completely devoted to Our Lady, and his work has been influential in the lives of many other saints, notable among them is Pope St. John Paul II who took his papal motto, "Totus Tuus" (Totally Yours) from de Montfort. This "Total Consecration of Jesus through Mary" consists of an initial 12-day preparation followed by a period of three consecutive weeks, each week focusing on a different theme. It is recommended that the consecration be done on a major feast day of Our Lady, meaning that the preparation would begin 33 days prior. That is, after the 33-day program is completed, the Act of Consecration is made on a Marian feast day. Once you make the consecration, it is for life. It can then be renewed annually. Keep in mind that this is a formal consecration to Our Lady, not unlike a vow, that is to be done in a solemn manner. Through this 33-day program you are giving Mary all of yourself - heart, mind, and soul - in order to bring you to her Son, Jesus Christ. Also, that she may use you as a holy instrument in her battle with Satan - i.e. this consecration allows her the free reign in your life to make you holy (as she assists you, through the Holy Spirit, to conform to her virtues) and to use your prayers, sacrifices, and sufferings for the greater glory of God.
“The Immaculata alone has from God the promise of victory over Satan. She seeks souls that will consecrate themselves entirely to her, that will become in her hand’s forceful instruments for the defeat of Satan and the spread of God's kingdom."
- St. Maximilian Kolbe
35 Promises of God cont.
“So, if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeed.”
· Unite in the work of the Porters of St. Joseph by joining them in fasting: Today's Fast: End Sex Trafficking, Slavery
· Saturday Litany of the Hours Invoking the Aid of Mother Mary
· Offering to the sacred heart of Jesus
Post a Comment