We do well to take seriously a biblical text of 1 Cor 11:17-34, where Saint Paul faces a shameful situation in the community. The wealthier members tended to discriminate against the poorer ones, and this carried over even to the agape meal that accompanied the celebration of the Eucharist. While the rich enjoyed their food, the poor looked on and went hungry: “One is hungry and another is drunk. Do you not have houses to eat and drink in? Or do you despise the Church of God and humiliate those who have nothing?” The Eucharist demands that we be members of the one body of the Church. Those who approach the Body and Blood of Christ may not wound that same Body by creating scandalous distinctions and divisions among its members. This is what it means to “discern” the body of the Lord, to acknowledge it with faith and charity both in the sacramental signs and in the community; those who fail to do so eat and drink judgment against themselves. The celebration of the Eucharist thus becomes a constant summons for everyone “to examine himself or herself”, to open the doors of the family to greater fellowship with the underprivileged, and in this way to receive the sacrament of that Eucharistic love which makes us one body. We must not forget that “the ‘mysticism’ of the sacrament has a social character”. When those who receive it turn a blind eye to the poor and suffering, or consent to various forms of division, contempt and inequality, the Eucharist is received unworthily. On the other hand, families who are properly disposed and receive the Eucharist regularly, reinforce their desire for fraternity, their social consciousness and their commitment to those in need.
- Universal Man Plan (Phase III) "The St. Peter"
- Universal Man Plan (Phase 2) "The St. George"
- 90 Days to Peace
- INTO THE BREACH
- Explanation of the Traditional Latin Mass
- First Friday
- Shoulder Wound of Christ
- Peace through Strength
- Angelic Choirs Devotion
- Time is a Gift from God
- Universal Man Plan (Phase 4) The "St. Joseph"
- Novena of St. Joseph
- Long Breastplate of St. Patrick
- Novena to Pray for Strength, Humility and Resolve for Our Bishops
- Spiritual Warfare
- Eucharistic Stations of the Cross
- EVENING DEVOTIONS Goffine's Devout Instructions, 1...
- Quo Vadis (Where are you going?)
- Fitness Fridays
- Divine Mercy Novena
- Iceman's 40 hour devotion
- Nineveh 90
- Total Consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary
- Our Lady of Sorrows: September Devotion
- Novena to the Holy Face
- Auxilium Christianorum
- Chaplet of Divine Mercy
- Prayers Before and After Mass
- PRAYER FOR HEALING THE FAMILY TREE
- Renewal of Baptismal Vow
- Prayer before Mass
- Universal Man Plan (Phase 1) "The St. Ignatius"
- An Offering to the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus
- A Method of Hearing Mass Spiritually
- First Saturday Devotion
- Chaplet to the Holy Face
- Militia of the Immaculata
- Prayer for the Troops
- Stations of the Cross: Thursday before First Frida...
- Daily: Seven Sorrows of Mary
- German Rosary
- You Need to Pray for those in Authority
- Iceman's Total Consecration to St. Joseph
- The Manhood of the Master
- Character is Destiny
- World Peace Rosary
- Devotion to the Seven Joys and Sorrows of St. Jose...
- 54 Day Rosary
- Morning offerings plus four daily prayers(0900/1200/1500/1800 hours) that will change your life.
- Saturday Litany of the Hours Invoking the Aid of Mother Mary
- 40 Days to Freedom from the Devil
- Prayers of Reparation to the Holy Face
- Liturgy of the Hours
- Angelic Examination of Conscience
Friday in the Octave of the Immaculate Conception FEAST OF JUAN DIEGO-CHRISTMAS CARD DAY John, Chapter 14, Verse 15 “If you LOVE ...
Saturday, October 29, 2016
1 Corinthians, Chapter 2, Verse 9-10
9 But as it is written: “What eye has not seen, and ear has not heard, and what has not entered the human heart, what God has prepared for those who love him,” 10 this God has revealed to us through the Spirit.
The world can never recognize the wisdom of the cross. The other day while sitting in my church for mass it was revealed to me the wisdom of the cross. As the Eucharistic celebration was being conducted I was admiring our church and as I gazed on the altar I notice we had the cross which represented Christ dead for our sins. Behind the cross lit up with the sun waning was the stained glass of Christ ascending to the Father. I asked interiorly where the representation of Christ resurrected is? Then almost immediately an interior voice stated, “You are the representation of Christ resurrected.” At first I withdrew from the idea, sinner that I am. Then I knew that this was the divine wisdom that we physically and spiritually become the resurrected Christ to our families, neighbors, our friends and even dare I say our enemies. May God’s will and wisdom be done!
Amoris Lætitia Love Made Fruitful, An expanding fruitfulness, discerning the Body (185-186)
Monday Night at the Movies William Friedkin, The Exorcist, 1973 ALL HOLLOWS EVE Acts, Chapter 24, Verse 2-3 2 When he was called,...
Switch of Manliness Legacy OUR LADY OF CZESTOCHOWA Acts, Chapter 10, verse 1-4 1 Now in Caesarea there was a man named Cornelius, a cent...
Monday Night at the Movies Luis Bunuel, Simon of the Desert, 1965 SAINT MOTHER THEODORE GUERIN Hebrews, Chapter 12, Verse 21 Indeed, so F...
Auxilium Christianorum - Praying for Persecuted Priests Monday, May 24 is the Feast of Mary Mother of the Church. It is also the Feast of ...
WORLD TOILET DAY 1 Corinthians, Chapter 16, Verse 11 Therefore no one should disdain him. Rather, send him on his way in PEACE that...
Charles Schultz born 1922 John, Chapter 3, Verse 35 The Father LOVES the Son and has given everything over to him. The earth is i...
Our Lady of Loretto House of Mary and Joseph Loretto (Mary’s House) human rights day John, Chapter 14, Verse 21-24 21 Whoever has ...
Jesse Tree Creation DECEMBER We turn our attention indoors with Advent prayers and preparations for the birth of Christ; for most of us, ...
Great American Smokeout  The Great American Smoke out is an informal holiday aimed at encouraging citizens to quit or plan to qui...