Television is a medium because anything well done is rare.- Fred Allen, American comedian and radio show host
HOT MULLED CIDER DAY 2 Maccabees, Chapter 14, Verse 22 Judas had posted armed men in readiness at strategic points for fear th...
Sunday, November 20, 2016
Monday, November 21, 2016
Romans, Chapter 1, Verse 11-12 #faith
11 For I long to see you, that I may share with you some spiritual gift so that you may be strengthened, 12 that is, that you and I may be mutually encouraged by one another’s faith, yours and mine.
Paul had a great desire to visit Rome for Rome was the center of either the greatest good or the greatest evil in the world. Paul was convinced that Christ came not to overcome evil with force but with love. The world still engages in the same battle in that instead of Rome we now have enclaves in every city that purport the idea of might makes right. We must continue the work of Christ. The best way is encourage good among the faithful and then go out to overcome the world with the spiritual gifts that Christ gives to each of us.
Friendship: key to sharing your spiritual gifts #friendship
Our triune God shares His truth, beauty and wisdom or person-hood with each of us. God’s desire for us is that we thrive and He takes action to ensure that we do. We can tap into God’s grace and power if we do His will for us and listen to Him. Matthew Kelly in his book “Rediscovering Catholicism” recommends that in order to share our spiritual gifts we need to have a real practical plan. Here is his Plan for evangelization via friendship:
1. It first starts with prayer taking time in the “classroom of silence” and ask God to point out two to five people in your life who would most benefit from a greater knowledge and appreciation of Christ and the church. Write down the names of those people. Mentally attach one of their names to a finger of your right hand and think what life would be like without those fingers.
2. Pray for those people every day for the next month, by name, every day. Make yourself available to God for them. Tell God that you would like to help them discover the benefits of living a life of virtue and the adventure of walking with Him.
3. After you have prayed for them for a month, contact each of them and arrange to spend an hour or two with each of them personally. No agenda or preaching; just be present with each other. Take them to lunch, walk, golf, coffee make it fun and enjoy. Talk with them what is going on in their lives-listen.
4. Do this once a month with each person individually for three to six months; don’t talk about God, religion, or the Church; unless they bring it up.
5. After six months invite them to a local homeless shelter, soup kitchen or some other good work the Lord leads you to and after having formed a friendship; now would be a good time to discuss the place of God in our lives.
6. Over time if they seem to have an interest in drawing closer to God; give them a good book on the spiritual life that will challenge them to think, change, grow; become the best version of their self.
7. When you get together each month talk about the book ideas. What did they like about the book? Or didn’t like. What parts is a challenge? What parts is a comfort? How does it make you want to live differently?
8. When they are ready invite them to one of your church programs or outreaches. Afterward, invite them for a meal or coffee and talk.
9. Continue the five friendships and then invite them to do the same with five. Now go back to the Lord and ask for five more. This is how we bring about the new evangelization and build a Kingdom of God.
Feast of the Presentation of the Blessed Virgin Mary #boobtube
THE Blessed Virgin was presented in the temple at Jerusalem by her pious parents, Joachim and Ann, there to be educated in the service and the law of the Lord in order that she might be guarded against the defilements of the world. From this we learn: 1. Joachim and Ann offered to the Lord their only and most beloved child, and gave her up entirely to His service. Great as the sacrifice was, they yet made it. The preservation of the innocence of their daughter was to them above all else. Parents, God requires of you that you should not merely offer your children to Him in the temple, but that you should take care to keep them pure and holy, as living temples which have been consecrated in Baptism.
2. Mary gives and dedicates herself to God as soon as she is capable of serving Him, and that without any reservation, for all time, and irrevocably. When, then, shall we give ourselves in earnest to God? True, we have been given to Him in holy Baptism, we have been consecrated as His temples, we have renounced the devil and the world, we have vowed to live only for God, and this vow we have, perhaps, often renewed; but have we kept it? What we gave with one hand have we not taken it away with the other? Have we not denied the temple of our hearts by shameful lusts, lived for the world and vanity more than for God? Ah, when shall we give ourselves up to God sincerely and forever? Perhaps when we are old! But will God accept our offering then? Will He be pleased that we begin to serve Him only when we can no longer serve the world? That we first begin to live for Him when our life is soon to cease? No; God is a jealous Lord, and is not pleased with a heart divided between Him and creatures. He requires us to love Him with all our heart and all our soul, and to serve Him with all our powers. Let us, then, do this, and do it from our youth; let us keep ourselves in body and soul undefiled for the Lord; such love, and such love only, will He reward as perfect.
World Television Day
World Television Day celebrates the daily value of television as a symbol of communication and globalization. Television is one of the single greatest technological advances of the 20th century, serving to educate, inform, entertain and influence our decisions and opinions. It is estimated that approximately 90% of homes around the world have televisions; however, with the introduction of internet broadcasting, the number is declining in favor of computers. World Television Day was proclaimed by the United Nations in 1996. It is celebrated annually on November 21.
World Television Day Facts & Quotes
· TV stimulates the economy by providing countless avenues for jobs. Over 1.2 million people in the European Union alone are employed in the media sector
· In France, 63% of children between the age of 0 and 15 live in a household with 4 screens (TV, computer, tablet etc.).
· Television creates authority. When something is shown on TV it has a particular authority about it because you know that you and millions of other people are seeing it and that professionals have produced it.
· In Canada, nearly 95% of people aged 18-34 watch TV each month, which results in 12 and a half hours of weekly TV watching.
Donate to catholic Television today if you can! #EWTN
Authored by Mr. Richard H. Havermale Jr.This book is the continuation of my first book based on more than 365 references in the Bible to fear, dread, and that in fact our God encourages us to "BE NOT AFRAID". To do this we must be in the presence of our Lord and talk to Him. I recommend you develop the habit of spending 10-15 minutes a day with our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament Chapel or if that is not available some other quiet place where you can be in the presence of our Lord. Read the daily entry and reflect on it asking our Lord and His mother to talk to your heart and reveal to you the will of the Father and then Do it. The layout of this book is to list and reflect on the books of the bible Sirach through Revelations. In the early part of September my search of the verses dealing with fear and being afraid was completed; so I asked the Lord what do I, do now. After some reflection I realize that the fruit of fear in the Lord is the Theological virtues of Faith, Hope and Love which ultimately results in Peace of the Lord. As a consequence the month of September will deal with Peace, October with Love and the month of November will be reflections on Faith and Hope. After Thanksgiving for the season of Advent and Christmas this work uses a multitude of references that reflect the Christmas season. There are many theologians who state that the eighth deadly sin is fear itself. It is fear and its natural animal reaction to fight or flight that is the root cause of our failings to create a Kingdom of God on earth. Saint John Paul II in his writings and talks also tells us to BE NOT AFRAID. In fear or anger we walk away from God. Our Lord, Jesus Christ taught us how to walk back toward God in His sermon on the mount through the Beatitudes. Each of the beatitudes is the antidote for the opposite deadly sins.
Matthew Kelly. Rediscover Catholicism. 2010
Goffine’s Devout Instructions, 1896.
DAY 42 - MARY, QUEEN OF CONFESSORS, PRAY FOR US ALERT!! Today begins - 40 Days for America! September 25 marks 40 days until the Presidenti...
DAY 44 - MARY, QUEEN OF ALL SAINTS, PRAY FOR US "CAN'T QUIT - WON'T FALL - PUT ME IN THE FIGHT!" The Soldier's Cree...
Leviticus, Chapter 25, Verse 17 Do not deal unfairly with one another, then; but stand in fear of your God. I, the LORD, am your God. ...
Introduction to Philippians  Philippi, in northeastern Greece, was a city of some importance in the Roman province of Macedonia. Lying ...
DAY 23 - MARY, CAUSE OF OUR JOY, PRAY THAT WE RECEIVE THE FRUIT OF GENTLENESS! GOD'S WORD "Take my yoke upon you, and learn from...
DAY 37 - MARY, HELP OF CHRISTIANS, PRAY FOR US ALERT! Today begin's the Novena to St. Michael (See below) SET THE WORLD ABLAZE The wor...
Thursday of the Fifth Week of Easter ST MATTHIAS-Novena St. Rita-Chicken Dance Day Jeremiah, Chapter 42, Verse 11-16 11 Do not FE...
Deuteronomy, Chapter 3, Verse 22 Do not fear them, for it is the LORD, your God, who will fight for you. What are the demons in you...
Plough Monday ORTHODOX CHRISTMAS-DISTAFF DAY Psalm 2, verse 11 Serve the LORD with fear ; exult with trembling , accept corr...
DAY 45 - MARY, QUEEN CONCEIVED WITHOUT ORIGINAL SIN, PRAY FOR US YOU ARE A COMMISSIONED OFFICER Admission into Christ's elite fightin...