Search This Blog
· Today is National Pawn Day; go Christmas shopping. Prayer Is prayer still considered relevant in the third millennium? Our scho...
Wednesday, January 4, 2017
Thursday, January 5, 2017 Twelfth Night
“Fear not that thy life shall come to an end, but rather that it shall never have a beginning.”
Cardinal John Newman
Genesis, Chapter 19, Verse 30
Since Lot was afraid to stay in Zoar, he and his two daughters went up from Zoar and settled in the hill country, where he lived with his two daughters in a cave.
We cannot soar if we are afraid of Zoar. I have the strength to face all conditions by the power that Christ gives me. (Philippians 4:13) Our fears can, at times, be like a handicap. Fears can either immobilize us or if we are up to the challenge they can propel us to greater heights. Are we going to be like Lot afraid to Zoar or more like a Helen Keller or Tom Dempsey? Dempsey set a 43 year NFL record for the longest field goal yet he was born with no right fingers and half a right foot.
I thank God for my handicaps, for through them, I have found myself, my work, and my God. (Helen Keller)
Today is the Twelfth day of Christmas. The Twelve drummers drumming represent the twelve points of the Apostles Creed. It is interesting to note that these 12 points are indeed pointing to the abode of God and that our Lord is the gate of heaven.
1. I believe in God, the Father almighty, creator of heaven and earth.
2. I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord.
3. He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit and born of the Virgin Mary.
4. He suffered under Pontius Pilate, was crucified, died, and was buried.
5. He descended into hell. On the third day he rose again.
6. He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of God the Father Almighty.
7. He will come again to judge the living and the dead.
8. I believe in the Holy Spirit,
9. the holy catholic Church, the communion of saints,
10. the forgiveness of sins,
11. the resurrection of the body,
Additionally the 12th Station of the Cross is Jesus dies on the cross.
Auxilium Christianorum - Praying for Persecuted Priests Monday, May 24 is the Feast of Mary Mother of the Church. It is also the Feast of ...
30 Days of Women and Herbs – Frauendreissiger Mugwort (Artemisia vulgaris) 2 Maccabees, Chapter 15, Verse 8 He urged his men not to f...
Switch of Manliness Legacy OUR LADY OF CZESTOCHOWA Acts, Chapter 10, verse 1-4 1 Now in Caesarea there was a man named Cornelius, a cent...
Monday Night at the Movies Luis Bunuel, Simon of the Desert, 1965 SAINT MOTHER THEODORE GUERIN Hebrews, Chapter 12, Verse 21 Indeed, so F...
Judith, Chapter 10, Verse 16 When you stand before him, have no fear in your heart; give him the report you have given us, and he will...
Jeremiah, Chapter 26, verse 19 Did Hezekiah, king of Judah, and all Judah condemn him to death? Did he not fear the LORD and entreat th...
iFrame is not supported! Self-mastery. Manliness requires virtue. Yet “virtue” can seem like a vague concept. How d...
Day 20 FEAST OF ST. SCHOLASTICA-MARRIAGE WEEK Genesis, Chapter 9, Verse 2 FEAR and dread of you shall come upon all the animals...
DAY 26 - MARY, SINGULAR VESSEL OF DEVOTION, PRAY THAT WE RECEIVE THE FRUIT OF CONTINENCE! GOD’S WORD “A man without self-control is ...