ST JOHN PAUL II Psalm 49, Verse 17 Do not FEAR when a man becomes rich, when the wealth of his house grows great. The next verse ...
Wednesday, March 29, 2017
Thursday, March 30, 2017
Joshua, Chapter 10, Verse 25
Then Joshua said to them, “Do not be afraid or dismayed, be firm and steadfast. This is what the LORD will do to all the enemies against whom you fight.”
Joshua, the warrior of God, had just defeated the five Kings of Jerusalem and had all of the soldiers put their foot on the Kings neck as a sign of victory over evil. Additionally it showed how God had personally empowered each of them to overcome evil and they are not to be afraid or intimidated.
Joshua defeated 5 Kings is the number significant?
The number 5 symbolizes God's grace, goodness and favor toward humans and is mentioned 318 times in Scripture. Five is the number of grace, and multiplied by itself, which is 25, is 'grace upon grace' (John 1:16). The Ten Commandments contains two sets of 5 commandments. The first five commandments are related to our treatment and relationship with God, and the last five concern our relationship with other humans.
Additionally in the Rosary there are five daily meditations on the life of Christ where the faithful pray a decade of Hail Mary’s.
Aids in Battle  Know the nature of devils
· What a terrible revolution in their whole being: In their intellect, no thoughts but of crime! In their will, no love but for evil!
· There is no repentance for the angels after their fall, just as there is no repentance for men after death.
· Christ gave the Devil power over Himself so that he might be tempted and led into danger and persecuted even to the point of death, so that He might in this way liberate us from the Devil’s power.
· In the Book of Genesis we find a precise description of lie and falsification of the truth about God, which Satan (under the form of a serpent) tries to transmit to the first representatives of the human race: God is jealous of his own prerogatives and therefore wants to impose limitations on man (see Gn 3: 5). Satan invites the man to free himself from the imposition of this yoke by making himself “like God.”
National Doctor's Day
National Doctor's Day commemorates the nation's doctors, who have dedicated themselves to public service by helping to ensure the good health of US citizens. Doctors are qualified and licensed individuals who practice medicine of all forms. They include many types such as physicians, surgeons, specialists, anesthesiologists and pediatricians, who dedicate their lives to helping, healing and curing the sick and needy. President George W. Bush designated March 30th as National Doctor's Day on October 30, 1990 in an effort to celebrate the sacrifices and contributions made by our nation's doctors. National Doctor's Day is observed on March 30th every year in the US.
National Doctor's Day Facts & Quotes
· The red carnation is the symbolic flower used for this holiday. It is often placed on the gravesites of deceased physicians.
· Eudora Almond, wife of Dr. Charles Almond, celebrated the first Doctor's Day in Winder, Georgia on March 30, 1933.
· According to a study by AAMC, the average cost of attending a US Medical school as a nonresident is about $50,000 per year.
· People pay the doctor for his trouble; for his kindness-they still remain in his debt. - Seneca, ancient Roman philosopher.
· A good physician treats the disease; the great physician treats the patient who has the disease. - William Osler, Canadian physician and founder of John Hopkins Hospital
National Doctor's Day Top Events and Things to Do
· Order a gift for your doctor. Find something related to medicine such as a spine keychain or even a basket of fruits shaped like bones.
· Send a personal Thank You Note to your doctor letting them know you appreciate him/her.
· Place a red carnation on a deceased physician’s grave.
· Drop by your doctor's office with a free lunch or a snack in appreciation of their dedication towards your health.
· If you haven't been for a checkup in a while, get one. Your doctor will be happy that you came in.
FEAST OF SAINT MARTIN/VETERANS DAY Acts, Chapter 26, Verse 5-7 5 They have known about me from the start, if they are willing ...
Auxilium Christianorum - Praying for Persecuted Priests Monday, May 24 is the Feast of Mary Mother of the Church. It is also the Feast of ...
Judith, Chapter 10, Verse 16 When you stand before him, have no fear in your heart; give him the report you have given us, and he will...
Wednesday after laetare Sunday: end of mid-lent  Jeremiah, Chapter 26, verse 19 Did Hezekiah, king of Judah, and all Judah conde...
feast of saint anthony, abbot Sirach, Chapter 22, Verse 16 A wooden beam firmly bonded into a building is not loosened by an earthqu...
Ash Wednesday Deuteronomy, Chapter 18, Verse 21-22 21 Should you say to yourselves, “How can we recognize that a word is one th...
Romans, Chapter 8, verse 14-15 14 For those who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God. 15 For you did not receive a ...
Leviticus, Chapter 25, Verse 17 Do not deal unfairly with one another, then; but stand in fear of your God. I, the LORD, am your God. ...
Plough Monday ORTHODOX CHRISTMAS-DISTAFF DAY Psalm 2, verse 11 Serve the LORD with fear ; exult with trembling , accept corr...
Full Worm Moon According to the almanac we are having a Full Worm Moon-plan to take your family or grandchildren fishing! Humm...