Search This Blog
Friday in the First week of Advent immaculate conception ( Holy Day of Obligation) Job, Chapter 19, Verse 29 Be AFRAID of the s...
Thursday, May 11, 2017
Friday, May 12, 2017
And now, O kings, give heed; take warning, you rulers of the earth. Serve the LORD with fear,
and rejoice before him; with trembling rejoice.
2 Kings, Chapter 6, Verse 16
Elisha answered, “Do not be afraid. Our side outnumbers theirs.”
Many people are afraid to speak out against the injustices of our modern age because we are so few in number. Likewise here Elisha states to the Israelite's to not be afraid for although their physical army is outnumbered in this contest they far outweighed them with the armies of the Lord.
Tzevaot “God the armies of Israel”
· The Arameans are at war with Israel. The King of Aram decides to set his camp at a certain place where he can ambush the Israelites.
· Elisha prophetically warns the King of Israel not to pass by that place, successfully saving them. Then, he pulls the same prophetic miracle again.
· The King of Aram asks his soldiers if one of them is a traitor, but they tell him that it must be the prophet Elisha.
· So the King of Aram sends a huge army to track down Elisha. It surrounds the city where Elisha is staying.
· When Elisha's servant gets up in the morning, he's terrified by the sight of the Aramean army. But Elisha tells him that they (Elisha and the servant) have more allies on their side.
· Elisha asks God to open the servant's eyes and the servant suddenly sees that, on the mountain surrounding them, the fiery chariots and horses of the divine army are arrayed in massive numbers.
· As the Arameans attempt to attack him, Elisha asks God to strike them blind. He does.
· Elisha pretends to help them and leads the blind army to Samaria and to the King of Israel. When he restores their vision they realize where they are.
· The King of Israel asks Elisha if he should kill them, but Elisha says no, that wouldn't be fair.
· So they treat the Arameans to a great feast and then… let them go.
at May 11, 2017
Auxilium Christianorum - Praying for Persecuted Priests Monday, May 24 is the Feast of Mary Mother of the Church. It is also the Feast of ...
Judith, Chapter 10, Verse 16 When you stand before him, have no fear in your heart; give him the report you have given us, and he will...
Switch of Manliness Legacy OUR LADY OF CZESTOCHOWA Acts, Chapter 10, verse 1-4 1 Now in Caesarea there was a man named Cornelius, a cent...
Monday Night at the Movies Luis Bunuel, Simon of the Desert, 1965 SAINT MOTHER THEODORE GUERIN Hebrews, Chapter 12, Verse 21 Indeed, so F...
FEAST OF SAINT MARTIN/VETERANS DAY Acts, Chapter 26, Verse 5-7 5 They have known about me from the start, if they are willing ...
30 Days of Women and Herbs – Frauendreissiger Mugwort (Artemisia vulgaris) 2 Maccabees, Chapter 15, Verse 8 He urged his men not to f...
Wednesday after laetare Sunday: end of mid-lent  Jeremiah, Chapter 26, verse 19 Did Hezekiah, king of Judah, and all Judah conde...
feast of saint anthony, abbot Sirach, Chapter 22, Verse 16 A wooden beam firmly bonded into a building is not loosened by an earthqu...
Ash Wednesday Deuteronomy, Chapter 18, Verse 21-22 21 Should you say to yourselves, “How can we recognize that a word is one th...
Romans, Chapter 8, verse 14-15 14 For those who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God. 15 For you did not receive a ...