Introduction to Sirach The Wisdom of Ben Sira derives its title from the author, “Yeshua [Jesus], son of Eleazar, son of Sira” ( 5...
Monday, February 26, 2018
Tuesday, February 27, 2018
Isaiah, Chapter 51, verse 12-13
12 I, it is I who comfort you. Can you then fear mortals who die, human beings who are just grass, 13 and forget the LORD, your maker, who stretched out the heavens and laid the foundations of earth? All the day you are in constant dread of the fury of the oppressor when he prepares himself to destroy; but where is the oppressor’s fury?
Imagine the joy of the Apostles when at the resurrection of Christ they finally realized this. That they could no longer be controlled by powerful men who would die just like the grass and that they were already on the winning side. Imagine the peace they must have felt when they knew evil was conquered. Imagine the comfort they felt for they knew the presence of God.
Mere Mortals; why fear ye, Sons of God?
· Our speaker invites everyone to turn their attention back to God, "the rock from which you were hewn," the same God of their ancestors. He says that God will make the wilderness and the desert surrounding Zion into a garden as nice as Eden.
· God's voice breaks in, saying that he will save the people swiftly. Heaven and earth will both vanish, but his salvation will endure forever. With a little sprinkling of ultimate justice and righteousness. Righteous people shouldn't worry about the naysayers who make fun of them—they're just going to be devoured like wool getting munched on by moths.
· The speaker calls on God to awake and reveal his strength again, since he was the same person who killed the evil sea serpent Rahab and dried up the sea so that Israel could cross and return to Zion and salvation.
· Now, God's voice comes back into the prophetic monologue. He is the one who comforts Israel, and he's confused as to why they would be afraid of mere mortals (like the Babylonians). After all, if they get into any trouble, they should know that they're going to get released from oppression right away.
· That said, Israel has drunk from the bowl of God's wrath, making it stagger around like someone totally deluded. Its children are all caught by God's wrath, too. So who can save Israel? God will give the cup of wrath to Israel's enemies instead, and Israel will receive mercy from now on. Probably one of the few times that someone was pleased to have their beverage confiscated.
Lenten Calendar-The First Servant Song
The Servant of the Lord
Here is my servant whom I uphold, my chosen one with whom I am pleased. Upon him I have put my spirit; he shall bring forth justice to the nations. He will not cry out, nor shout, nor make his voice heard in the street. A bruised reed he will not break, and a dimly burning wick he will not quench. He will faithfully bring forth justice. He will not grow dim or be bruised until he establishes justice on the earth; the coastlands will wait for his teaching. Thus says God, the LORD, who created the heavens and stretched them out, who spread out the earth and its produce, who gives breath to its people and spirit to those who walk on it: the LORD, have called you for justice, I have grasped you by the hand; I formed you, and set you as a covenant for the people, a light for the nations, to open the eyes of the blind, to bring out prisoners from confinement, and from the dungeon, those who live in darkness. I am the LORD, LORD is my name; my glory I give to no other, nor my praise to idols. See, the earlier things have come to pass, new ones I now declare; before they spring forth I announce them to you.
· Manhood of the Master-Day 3 week 5
· Day 7 Devotion to the Holy Face
· Do 1 hour in front of the Blessed Sacrament now till Easter.
· Please pray for me and this ministry
DAY 51 - OUR LADY OF FATIMA, PRAY FOR US SEEKING HARMONY There are actually three wounds that ravage souls and bring spiritual death to them...
Saturday after Epiphany Genesis, Chapter 20, Verse 8 Early the next morning Abimelech called all his servants and informed them of e...
DAY 52 - OUR LADY OF GUADALUPE, PRAY FOR US POWER OF PRAYER The heroes of our faith are the warrior saints who have gone before us. God work...
Ash Wednesday Deuteronomy, Chapter 18, Verse 21-22 21 Should you say to yourselves, “How can we recognize that a word is one th...
Judith, Chapter 10, Verse 16 When you stand before him, have no fear in your heart; give him the report you have given us, and he will...
ELVIS’ BIRTHDAY Genesis, Chapter 19, Verse 30 Since Lot was AFRAID to stay in Zoar, he and his two daughters went up from Zoar and ...
DAY 54 - OUR LADY OF VICTORY, PRAY FOR US NO CROSS, NO CROWN! No cross, no crown. No pain, no gain. No guts, no glory. St. James summons u...
OUR FATHER-cry out to the Lord 45-60 minutes after sunset, wherever you are, on Monday, December 21.Let's Get the Whole World to Cry Out to God on December 21! We have just passed through a year in which a "Goliath" of evil ...
DAY 42 - MARY, QUEEN OF CONFESSORS, PRAY FOR US YOU MADE US FOR YOURSELF The unfortunate reality is that the modern campaign of militant ...
DAY 44 - MARY, QUEEN OF ALL SAINTS, PRAY FOR US "CAN'T QUIT - WON'T FAIL - PUT ME IN THE FIGHT!" The Soldier's Creed ...