Saturday, November 24, 2018
Small Business Saturday was created by the American Express Corporation. Small Business Saturday was first held on November 27, 2010 with help from American Express' advertising campaigns to support the day. The following year, in 2011, political figures such as President Obama, voiced their support for Small Business Saturday. Since then, Small Business Saturday has been observed annually on the Saturday after Thanksgiving.
- Do your daily or holiday shopping a local or small business to support your community.
- Watch a movie about entrepreneurship and general business. Building a business from an idea, into a small business and perhaps into something larger is difficult. Our recommendations: The Wolf of Wallstreet, The Pursuit of Happiness, Jerry Maguire, The Social Network and You've Got Mail
- Participate in Small Business Saturday as a business owner or encourage those you know who own small business to participate. American Express provides material online to further assist small businesses with business promotion for the day.
- Take a look on Groupon for some local deals. Groupon always offers deals to small local businesses.
- Contribute to a local cause and donate to a small non-profit organization within your community. Many of these organizations organize activities for local children or help those in your community who are most in need.
- Check these small businesses