Monday of the Second Week of Easter WEED DAY Isaiah, Chapter 54, verse 14: In justice shall you be established, far from oppressi...
Monday, September 16, 2019
Tuesday, September 17, 2019
Luke, Chapter 7, Verse 16
Fear seized them all, and they glorified God, exclaiming, “A great prophet has arisen in our midst,” and “God has visited his people.”
This was said after Jesus had raised the widow’s son in Nain. There exists no better model for Godly leadership than our Lord. Everything he spoke he did. He had compassion on the high and the low. He had compassion on this poor widow. He looked around him and where he saw misery; he acted. He healed the sick, cast out evil spirits and raised the dead. They came to Him broken and empty and He filled them with faith, hope and love as well as taking physical action to help with their suffering. His focus was to restore the widow her son: to restore the family which is the true tabernacle of the Holy Spirit.
Amoris Lætitia The Experiences and Challenges of Families
Families face many problems in raising children. Parents come home exhausted, not wanting to talk, and many families no longer even share a common meal. Distractions abound, including an addiction to television. Families often seem more caught up with securing their future than with enjoying the present with each other. This is a broader cultural problem, aggravated by fears about steady employment, finances and the futures of children.
· Many families are entrenched in drug use, one of the scourges of our time, causing immense suffering and are a major cause of the breakup of many families. The same is true of alcoholism, gambling and other addictions. Families at risk “lose the ability to act to help their families and children and many children are orphans of living parents. There is violence within families which breeds new forms of social aggression which causes a breeding-ground of resentment and hatred in the most basic human relationships.
· In the world there is a failure to realize that only the exclusive and indissoluble union between a man and a woman is the greatest measure to creating a stable society that bears fruit in new life. No union that is temporary or closed to the transmission of life can ensure the future of an abundant society.
· Almost universally people have the practice of living together before marriage, as well as having a type of cohabitation which totally excludes any intention to marry. The strength of the family “lies in its capacity to love and to teach how to love. For all a family’s problems, it can always grow, beginning with love”.
· The verbal, physical, and sexual violence that women endure in some marriages contradicts the very nature of the conjugal union. History is burdened by the excesses of patriarchal cultures that considered women inferior, yet in our own day, we cannot overlook the use of surrogate mothers and “the exploitation and commercialization of the female body in the current media culture. The equal dignity of men and women makes us rejoice to see old forms of discrimination disappear, and within families there is a growing reciprocity. If certain forms of feminism have arisen which we must consider inadequate, we must nonetheless see in the women’s movement the working of the Spirit for a clearer recognition of the dignity and rights of women.
Constitution Day Facts & Quotes
· The 225th anniversary of the U.S. Constitution was celebrated in 2012. Of all international constitutions written, the U.S. Constitution is the oldest and shortest.
· The Constitution is a short document with only 4,543 words before the amendments. In contrast, the Bible is approximately 20 times longer, while Harry Potter has approximately 70,000 more words.
· More than 11,000 amendments have been proposed in Congress. However, only 27 amendments received approval to become official amendments to the Constitution.
· The words God and Democracy are not found in the United States Constitution.
· Today is a big step in our march toward equality. Gay and lesbian couples now have the right to marry, just like anyone else. #Love Wins -tweet by President Barack Obama on June 26, 2015. This after US Supreme Court ruled on this day that same-sex marriage is a right protected by the United States Constitution.
Marriage and Same-Sex Unions
35 Promises of God cont.
“The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to keep still.” Ex 14:14
· Battle for the Soul of America-Day 31
 Pope Francis, Encyclical on Love.
Thursday of the Second Week of Easter ISRAEL INDEPENDENCE DAY Joshua, Chapter 4 , Verse 14 That day the Lord exalted Joshua in the...
Judith, Chapter 10, Verse 16 When you stand before him, have no fear in your heart; give him the report you have given us, and he will...
Wednesday of the Second Week of Easter Joshua, Chapter 2, Verse 24 They assured Joshua, “The Lord has given all this land into our p...
Holy Saturday FIRST SATURDAY Isaiah, Chapter 54, verse 4 Do not FEAR , you shall not be put to shame; do not be discouraged, you s...
First Saturday ST. BASIL/9 th Day of Christmas -MOTIVATION DAY Psalm 23, verse 4: 4 Even though I walk through the valley of the...
Friday of the Second Week of Easter SAINT BERNADETTE Joshua, Chapter 4, Verse 23-24 23 For the Lord, your God, dried up the water...
Tuesday of the Second Week of Easter T. Jefferson Joshua, Chapter 2, Verse 8-9 8 Before the spies lay down, Rahab went up to them ...
Psalm 31, Verse 20: How great is your goodness, Lord, stored up for those who fear you. You display it for those who trust you, in the...
Good Friday of the Lord’s Passion FIRST FRIDAY John, Chapter 19, verse 38 After this, Joseph of Arimathea, secretly a disciple of ...
Ash Wednesday Deuteronomy, Chapter 18, Verse 21-22 21 Should you say to yourselves, “How can we recognize that a word is one th...