- Breaking the silence, Eliphaz throws his two cents in. He says that Job must have done something wrong to merit this punishment. Innocents, he says, are never punished.
- And hey, if God even gets annoyed at his angels, how can humans pass the test? Basically, humans have no chance.
- Don't forget, folks—Job is still maintaining his innocence.
DAY 46 - MARY, QUEEN ASSUMED INTO HEAVEN, PRAY FOR US BORDER WALKERS Priest: Bishop. Robert Barron says, "A priest prays for others, ...
Tuesday, October 8, 2019
Wednesday, October 9, 2019
LEIF ERIKSON DAY
Job, Chapter 4, Verse 13-14
13 In my thoughts during visions of the night, when deep sleep falls on mortals, 14 Fear came upon me, and shuddering, that terrified me to the bone.
Job’s friends offer advice:
Leif Erikson Day
Leif Erikson Day Facts & Quotes
· Leif Erikson was actually born in Iceland, but his family was Norwegian. He died in Greenland in the year 1020.
· On October 9, 1825, the first wave of Norwegian immigrants arrived on US soil in New York City. Between 1825 and 1925, nearly one-third of Norway's population immigrated to the US.
· Erikson named his settlement Vinland or Wineland due to the many grape vines that he discovered there.
· There are more than 4.5 million Americans with Norwegian ancestry living in the US today, of which 55% live in the Upper Midwest states.
· Histories have been written and more will be written of the Norwegians in America, but no man can tell adequately of the tearing asunder of tender ties, the hardships and dangers crossing the deep, the work and worry, the hopes and fears, the laughter and tears, of men and women who with bare hands carved out of a wilderness a new kingdom. - Rønning, N. N., from the book Fifty Years in America
Leif Erikson Day Top Events and Things to Do
· Purchase a Leif Ericson Millennium Commemorative Coin from the US Mint. The coins were released at the beginning of the century however you can purchase some from collectors online or even try to find them in public circulation.
· Visit one of the many Leif Erikson statues in the United States. There are statues in Boston, Milwaukee, Chicago, Cleveland, Virginia, Seattle, Minnesota and North Dakota.
· Take a trip to Iceland, Norway or Greenland and visit the homelands of Leif Erikson.
· Take a trip to UNESCO site of L'Anse aux Meadows in Newfoundland, Canada. This is believed to be the site of Erikson's first New World settlement.
· Watch a movie about Vikings and Leif Erikson. Some movies include: Leif Ericson (2000) and The Vikings (1958), The Viking Sagas (1995) and The 13th Warrior (1999).
DAY 48 - MARY, QUEEN OF THE FAMILY, PRAY FOR US SHOCK TROOPS KING: As Jean-Baptiste Chautard recounts in his book The Soul of the Apostol...
What Can We Do? The US in 2020 is a country on the edge: a global pandemic; violent protests, vandalism and looting; destruction of Church, ...
Judith, Chapter 10, Verse 16 When you stand before him, have no fear in your heart; give him the report you have given us, and he will...
Introduction to 1 John  The First Epistle of John , often referred to as First John and written 1 John or I John , is the first of the...
Leviticus, Chapter 25, Verse 17 Do not deal unfairly with one another, then; but stand in fear of your God. I, the LORD, am your God. ...
Introduction to the Epistle of Jude  Author, Date, and Recipients The book was written by Jude, the brother of James and Jesus ...
SAINT TERESA OF AVILA Jude, Chapter 1, Verse 22-23 22 On those who waver, have mercy; 23 save others by snatching them out of the f...
Romans, Chapter 8, verse 14-15 14 For those who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God. 15 For you did not receive a ...
Thursday of the Fifth Week of Easter ST MATTHIAS-Novena St. Rita-Chicken Dance Day Jeremiah, Chapter 42, Verse 11-16 11 Do not FE...
Read about Rosary Coast to Coast and the National Rosary Rally HERE Here is the link to livestream. Begins at 2:30pm EST: https://us02we...