- Breaking the silence, Eliphaz throws his two cents in. He says that Job must have done something wrong to merit this punishment. Innocents, he says, are never punished.
- And hey, if God even gets annoyed at his angels, how can humans pass the test? Basically, humans have no chance.
- Don't forget, folks—Job is still maintaining his innocence.
Search This Blog
· Today is National Pawn Day; go Christmas shopping. Prayer Is prayer still considered relevant in the third millennium? Our scho...
Tuesday, October 8, 2019
Wednesday, October 9, 2019
LEIF ERIKSON DAY
Job, Chapter 4, Verse 13-14
13 In my thoughts during visions of the night, when deep sleep falls on mortals, 14 Fear came upon me, and shuddering, that terrified me to the bone.
Job’s friends offer advice:
Leif Erikson Day
Leif Erikson Day Facts & Quotes
· Leif Erikson was actually born in Iceland, but his family was Norwegian. He died in Greenland in the year 1020.
· On October 9, 1825, the first wave of Norwegian immigrants arrived on US soil in New York City. Between 1825 and 1925, nearly one-third of Norway's population immigrated to the US.
· Erikson named his settlement Vinland or Wineland due to the many grape vines that he discovered there.
· There are more than 4.5 million Americans with Norwegian ancestry living in the US today, of which 55% live in the Upper Midwest states.
· Histories have been written and more will be written of the Norwegians in America, but no man can tell adequately of the tearing asunder of tender ties, the hardships and dangers crossing the deep, the work and worry, the hopes and fears, the laughter and tears, of men and women who with bare hands carved out of a wilderness a new kingdom. - Rønning, N. N., from the book Fifty Years in America
Leif Erikson Day Top Events and Things to Do
· Purchase a Leif Ericson Millennium Commemorative Coin from the US Mint. The coins were released at the beginning of the century however you can purchase some from collectors online or even try to find them in public circulation.
· Visit one of the many Leif Erikson statues in the United States. There are statues in Boston, Milwaukee, Chicago, Cleveland, Virginia, Seattle, Minnesota and North Dakota.
· Take a trip to Iceland, Norway or Greenland and visit the homelands of Leif Erikson.
· Take a trip to UNESCO site of L'Anse aux Meadows in Newfoundland, Canada. This is believed to be the site of Erikson's first New World settlement.
· Watch a movie about Vikings and Leif Erikson. Some movies include: Leif Ericson (2000) and The Vikings (1958), The Viking Sagas (1995) and The 13th Warrior (1999).
Auxilium Christianorum - Praying for Persecuted Priests Monday, May 24 is the Feast of Mary Mother of the Church. It is also the Feast of ...
30 Days of Women and Herbs – Frauendreissiger Mugwort (Artemisia vulgaris) 2 Maccabees, Chapter 15, Verse 8 He urged his men not to f...
Switch of Manliness Legacy OUR LADY OF CZESTOCHOWA Acts, Chapter 10, verse 1-4 1 Now in Caesarea there was a man named Cornelius, a cent...
Monday Night at the Movies Luis Bunuel, Simon of the Desert, 1965 SAINT MOTHER THEODORE GUERIN Hebrews, Chapter 12, Verse 21 Indeed, so F...
Judith, Chapter 10, Verse 16 When you stand before him, have no fear in your heart; give him the report you have given us, and he will...
Jeremiah, Chapter 26, verse 19 Did Hezekiah, king of Judah, and all Judah condemn him to death? Did he not fear the LORD and entreat th...
iFrame is not supported! Self-mastery. Manliness requires virtue. Yet “virtue” can seem like a vague concept. How d...
Day 20 FEAST OF ST. SCHOLASTICA-MARRIAGE WEEK Genesis, Chapter 9, Verse 2 FEAR and dread of you shall come upon all the animals...
DAY 26 - MARY, SINGULAR VESSEL OF DEVOTION, PRAY THAT WE RECEIVE THE FRUIT OF CONTINENCE! GOD’S WORD “A man without self-control is ...