|Crown of thorns from the Holy Shroud of Turin|
Introduction to Sirach The Wisdom of Ben Sira derives its title from the author, “Yeshua [Jesus], son of Eleazar, son of Sira” ( 5...
Tuesday, February 3, 2015
Tuesday, February 3, 2015
Mark, Chapter 5, verse 15:15 As they approached Jesus, they caught sight of the man who had been possessed by Legion, sitting there clothed and in his right mind. And they were seized with fear.
Announce the Third Sorrowful Mystery
THE CROWNING WITH THORNS
Desired Spiritual Fruit: Reign of Christ in our heart
1. “My sacrifice is a humble spirit, O God.” (Psalms 51:17)
2. "They stripped off His clothes.” (Matt. 11:27-28)
3. “They dressed Him up in purple, twisted some thorns into a crown and put it on Him.” (Mark 15:17)
4. ”And they began saluting Him: Hail! King of the Jews!” " (Mark 15:18)
5. " They beat Him over the head with a stick, spat on Him, fell on their knees, and bowed down to Him.” (Mark 15:19)
6. “Pilate came outside and said to them. Look, I am going to bring Him out to you to let you see I find no case.” (John 19:4)
7. “Here is the Man. Crucify Him! Crucify Him!” (John 19:5-6)
8. “Re-entering the Praetorium, he said to Jesus, Where do You come from? But Jesus made no answer.” (John 19:8)
9. “Here is your king, said Pilate to the Jews. Crucify Him! Do you want me to crucify your king? We have no king except Caesar.” (John 19:15)
10. “He is starting a riot among the people all through Judea with His teaching. He began in Galilee, and now has come here.” (Luke 23:5)
DAY 51 - OUR LADY OF FATIMA, PRAY FOR US SEEKING HARMONY There are actually three wounds that ravage souls and bring spiritual death to them...
Saturday after Epiphany Genesis, Chapter 20, Verse 8 Early the next morning Abimelech called all his servants and informed them of e...
DAY 52 - OUR LADY OF GUADALUPE, PRAY FOR US POWER OF PRAYER The heroes of our faith are the warrior saints who have gone before us. God work...
Ash Wednesday Deuteronomy, Chapter 18, Verse 21-22 21 Should you say to yourselves, “How can we recognize that a word is one th...
Judith, Chapter 10, Verse 16 When you stand before him, have no fear in your heart; give him the report you have given us, and he will...
ELVIS’ BIRTHDAY Genesis, Chapter 19, Verse 30 Since Lot was AFRAID to stay in Zoar, he and his two daughters went up from Zoar and ...
DAY 54 - OUR LADY OF VICTORY, PRAY FOR US NO CROSS, NO CROWN! No cross, no crown. No pain, no gain. No guts, no glory. St. James summons u...
OUR FATHER-cry out to the Lord 45-60 minutes after sunset, wherever you are, on Monday, December 21.Let's Get the Whole World to Cry Out to God on December 21! We have just passed through a year in which a "Goliath" of evil ...
DAY 42 - MARY, QUEEN OF CONFESSORS, PRAY FOR US YOU MADE US FOR YOURSELF The unfortunate reality is that the modern campaign of militant ...
DAY 44 - MARY, QUEEN OF ALL SAINTS, PRAY FOR US "CAN'T QUIT - WON'T FAIL - PUT ME IN THE FIGHT!" The Soldier's Creed ...