- When they arrived at Media, Azariah said they needed to stop at the home of Raguel – their relative and the father of Sarah.
- Raguel means “Friend of God.”
- Azariah told Tobias he was the nearest relative and had the right (maybe even obligation) to marry her. He would also inherit half her father’s estate.
- Tobias was not thrilled with that since he had heard about the seven previous husbands. He knew his parents would be overcome with grief were he to die.
- Tobias obeyed his father’s request. He left Nineveh and moved back to Ecbatan to live with Raguel and Edna. Tobias lived until he was 117.
- Before he died, he heard about the destruction of Nineveh and knew that its prisoners were taken to Media. Tobias blessed God.
Fourth Sunday after Pentecost (12th S. in Ord. Time) ORTHODOX PENTECOST FATHER’S DAY SUM. SOLSTICE 1 Chronicles, Chapter 28, Verse 2...
Sunday, June 11, 2017
Monday, June 12, 2017
I sought the LORD, and he answered me and delivered me from all my fears.
Tobit, Chapter 6, Verse 15
So now I too am afraid of this demon, because it is in love with her and does not harm her; but it kills any man who wishes to come close to her. I am my father’s only child. If I should die, I would bring the life of my father and mother down to their grave in sorrow over me; they have no other son to bury them!”
When we are filled with the essence of Christ we fear neither man nor demon.
The final battle
We see that Tobias is concerned about the battle. Likewise like Tobias we are confronted with evil that wishes to destroy families for the final battle between the Lord and the reign of Satan will be about marriage and the family
Don’t be afraid … because anyone who operates for the sanctity of marriage and the family will always be contended and opposed in every way, because this is the decisive issue … however, Our Lady has already crushed its head” (Sister Lucia, one of the seers of Fatima)
Judith, Chapter 10, Verse 16 When you stand before him, have no fear in your heart; give him the report you have given us, and he will...
Global Day of Prayer: June 15th Flame of Love Rosary Livestream ST. MICHAEL THE ARCHANGEL IS CALLING FOR A GLOBAL DAY OF PRAYER T...
Auxilium Christianorum - Praying for Persecuted Priests Monday, May 24 is the Feast of Mary Mother of the Church. It is also the Feast of ...
Auxilium Christianorum - Praying for Persecuted Priests Monday, May 24 is the Feast of Mary Mother of the Church. It is also the Feast of M...
Wednesday after laetare Sunday: end of mid-lent  Jeremiah, Chapter 26, verse 19 Did Hezekiah, king of Judah, and all Judah conde...
Leviticus, Chapter 25, Verse 17 Do not deal unfairly with one another, then; but stand in fear of your God. I, the LORD, am your God. ...
Immaculate Heart of Mary  The Feast of the Immaculate Heart of Mary is a devotional name used to refer to the interior life of the Blesse...
Good Friday of the Lord’s Passion FIRST FRIDAY John, Chapter 19, verse 38 After this, Joseph of Arimathea, secretly a disciple of ...
Feast of Mary Queen of Apostles  The feast of the Queen of Apostles was established on the first Saturday after the Ascension by the Sa...
Third Sunday after Pentecost (11 th S. Ord. Time) ST. ANTHONY 2 Kings, Chapter 6, Verse 16 Elisha answered, “Do not be AFRAID ....