- Universal Man Plan (Phase III) "The St. Peter"
- Universal Man Plan (Phase 2) "The St. George"
- 90 Days to Peace
- INTO THE BREACH
- Explanation of the Traditional Latin Mass
- First Friday
- Shoulder Wound of Christ
- Peace through Strength
- Angelic Choirs Devotion
- Time is a Gift from God
- Universal Man Plan (Phase 4) The "St. Joseph"
- Novena of St. Joseph
- Long Breastplate of St. Patrick
- Novena to Pray for Strength, Humility and Resolve for Our Bishops
- Spiritual Warfare
- Eucharistic Stations of the Cross
- EVENING DEVOTIONS Goffine's Devout Instructions, 1...
- Quo Vadis (Where are you going?)
- Fitness Fridays
- Divine Mercy Novena
- Iceman's 40 hour devotion
- Nineveh 90
- Total Consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary
- Our Lady of Sorrows: September Devotion
- Novena to the Holy Face
- Auxilium Christianorum
- Chaplet of Divine Mercy
- Prayers Before and After Mass
- PRAYER FOR HEALING THE FAMILY TREE
- Renewal of Baptismal Vow
- Prayer before Mass
- Universal Man Plan (Phase 1) "The St. Ignatius"
- An Offering to the Most Sacred Heart of Jesus
- A Method of Hearing Mass Spiritually
- First Saturday Devotion
- Chaplet to the Holy Face
- Militia of the Immaculata
- Prayer for the Troops
- Stations of the Cross: Thursday before First Frida...
- Daily: Seven Sorrows of Mary
- German Rosary
- You Need to Pray for those in Authority
- Iceman's Total Consecration to St. Joseph
- The Manhood of the Master
- Character is Destiny
- World Peace Rosary
- Devotion to the Seven Joys and Sorrows of St. Jose...
- 54 Day Rosary
- Morning offerings plus four daily prayers(0900/1200/1500/1800 hours) that will change your life.
- Saturday Litany of the Hours Invoking the Aid of Mother Mary
- 40 Days to Freedom from the Devil
- Prayers of Reparation to the Holy Face
- Liturgy of the Hours
- Angelic Examination of Conscience
Friday in the Octave of the Immaculate Conception FEAST OF JUAN DIEGO-CHRISTMAS CARD DAY John, Chapter 14, Verse 15 “If you LOVE ...
Saturday, August 19, 2017
Job, Chapter 39, Verse 22
He laughs at fear and cannot be terrified; he does not retreat from the sword.
God has turned Jobs attention to the animal world. In fact five pairs of wild animals are mentioned: the lion and the raven; the mountain goat and the hind (red deer); the wild ass and the wild ox; the ostrich and the warhorse; the hawk and the eagle. Near Eastern art and iconography have shown that almost all these animals are associated with destruction (demons, wilderness, chaos). They represent a world in opposition to humanity. God is saying not only that these mysterious beasts and their ways are understood but that they are controlled and that this is a command given to humankind. We cannot bring order out of the wild and chaoitic world without God’s help. Like Job we are at times in the throes of chaos and the way we react matters not only to ourselves and others but also to the world. Each life matters, we are integral to creatition; we have a purpose. May God take pride and delight in you as His servant as He did in Job. (Remember it was the devil who stated I will not serve) The Collegeville Bible Commentary, 1986.
World Humanitarian Day
World Humanitarian Day seeks to recognize the compassion and bravery of humanitarian workers. The day also serves to gain international cooperation to meet the needs of humanitarian work around the world. Humanitarian workers provide life-saving assistance consisting of first aid, nutrition, shelter and help rebuilding after disaster has struck. These workers often battle violence, local diseases and hunger while attempting to save lives and provide relief to those most in need. World Humanitarian Day was designated by the United Nations in December of 2008 in an effort to honor the sacrifices of humanitarian workers. It is celebrated annually on August 19, a day that commemorates the 2003 bombing of the UN Headquarters in Iraq.
World Humanitarian Day Facts & Quotes
· One theme for 2017 World Humanitarian Day is Protection of Civilians
· It is estimated that approximately 22 billion dollars of aid was given worldwide in 2013, though there is no official way to track exactly how much money is spent.
· The US is the top national donor in terms of raw dollars allocated to humanitarian aid. In 2013 it gave approximately 4.7 billion dollars. However, among developed nations, it donates the lowest percentage of its GDP.
· Despite all the money and aid that is being given for humanitarian relief, it is still estimated that one-third of all global humanitarian needs are not being met.
o Catholic health and social service organizations have a long tradition of service in the United States, dating back to 1727 in New Orleans, when 12 French Ursuline sisters arrived in the city and became nurses, teachers and servants of the poor and orphans. Today, the Catholic nonprofit health-care system serves diverse populations in every state in the United States. More information is available at Catholic Health Association at www.chausa.org.
o 805 million people in the world go hungry every day—one-eighth of all the people on earth. Chronic hunger affects health, growth, learning and income potential, therefore, CRS offers projects that combine health care, microfinance and literacy with sustainable agriculture: 45 countries, 191 projects. More information is available at www.crs.org.
World Humanitarian Day Top Events and Things to Do
· Watch a movie about humanitarian work. Some suggestions are: Hotel Rwanda (2004), The Stoning of Soraya M. (2008), Beyond the Call (2006), Selma (2015), and the Normal Heart (2014).
· Spread awareness on social media by using the hashtags #WorldHumanitarianDay, #WHD and #Humanitarianwork.
· Join humanitarian a work project at home or abroad. Try raising money for a cause or volunteering for organizations that work with needy children, war zones, refugees and the old and sick.
Monday Night at the Movies William Friedkin, The Exorcist, 1973 ALL HOLLOWS EVE Acts, Chapter 24, Verse 2-3 2 When he was called,...
Switch of Manliness Legacy OUR LADY OF CZESTOCHOWA Acts, Chapter 10, verse 1-4 1 Now in Caesarea there was a man named Cornelius, a cent...
Monday Night at the Movies Luis Bunuel, Simon of the Desert, 1965 SAINT MOTHER THEODORE GUERIN Hebrews, Chapter 12, Verse 21 Indeed, so F...
Auxilium Christianorum - Praying for Persecuted Priests Monday, May 24 is the Feast of Mary Mother of the Church. It is also the Feast of ...
WORLD TOILET DAY 1 Corinthians, Chapter 16, Verse 11 Therefore no one should disdain him. Rather, send him on his way in PEACE that...
Charles Schultz born 1922 John, Chapter 3, Verse 35 The Father LOVES the Son and has given everything over to him. The earth is i...
Our Lady of Loretto House of Mary and Joseph Loretto (Mary’s House) human rights day John, Chapter 14, Verse 21-24 21 Whoever has ...
Jesse Tree Creation DECEMBER We turn our attention indoors with Advent prayers and preparations for the birth of Christ; for most of us, ...
Great American Smokeout  The Great American Smoke out is an informal holiday aimed at encouraging citizens to quit or plan to qui...