DIRECTIONSWho Is Its Apostle?
Father Mateo Crawley-Boevey, SS.CC., a South American priest of the Congregation of the Sacred Hearts of Jesus and Mary. Upon his instantaneous cure at Paray-le-Monial, he was inspired by God to preach everywhere the Enthronement of the Sacred Heart to verify this promise of the Saviour: "I will bless every dwelling where an image of My Heart is both exposed and honoured."
Where Is the Enthronement to Take Place?
It is intended for homes, schools, convents, institutions, parishes, dioceses, cities, states and nations. We especially invite newly weds as well as established families to place their homes in the Heart of Christ in this manner, thereby assuring themselves of special graces in their everyday problems and difficulties.
On Whose Approval?
It began with an oral command from Pope Pius X (St. Pius X) in 1907. In 1915, Pope Benedict the XV wrote a letter of approval. All subsequent popes have supported the need for honouring the Heart of Jesus.
Why Is It So Vital?
It stabilizes the family, the foundation of the Church and state; whoever rules the family rules society. It sanctifies the family, creates in the home the Catholic atmosphere and a spirit of piety, fosters vocations to the higher life, brings back wayward members, helps and consoles the members of families in times of trial or mourning. In short, it makes the home thoroughly Christian.
How Is It Carried Out?
The family makes arrangements with a priest, a qualified lay promoter of the Enthronment Apostolate or engages in self study from instruction materials to get prepared for the Enthronement. If possible, Holy Mass is offered that day in the parish or in the home as an act of love and reparation. The family is encouraged to receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation in preparation for Mass and Communion. Preparation may also include the daily Rosary, a Litany of the Sacred Heart and reflection on Scriptures. A statue or picture of the Sacred Heart is procured and a place of honour or "throne" is prepared in the home representing an altar in the home. There should be room for a Crucifix, candles, flowers and the Bible.
The steps in the ceremony are:
- The Blessing of the home (optional)
- The Blessing of the Sacred Heart image (this could be done ahead of time if no priest can be present)
- The placement of the image of the Sacred Heart and the Bible in the place of honour
- The recitation of the Apostles Creed
- An explanation of the Enthronement
- The Act of Consecration to the Sacred Heart, a prayer of Thanksgiving and an Act of Consecration to the Immaculate Heart of Mary by the family,
- The signing of the covenant certificate by the family.
Where Can We Order Materials?
The National Enthronement Center, Box 111, Fairhaven, MA 02719. Tel. (508) 999-2680. Ask for an Enthronement kit.
- I will give them all the graces necessary for their state of life.
- I will establish peace in their families.
- I will console them in all their troubles.
- They shall find in My Heart an assured refuge during life and especially at the hour of their death.
- I will pour abundant blessings on all their undertakings.
- Sinners shall find in My Heart the source of an infinite ocean of mercy.
- Tepid souls shall become fervent.
- Fervent souls shall speedily rise to great perfection.
- I will bless the homes where an image of My Heart shall be exposed and honored.
- I will give to priests the power of touching the most hardened hearts.
- Those who propagate this devotion shall have their names written in My Heart, never to be effaced.
- The all-powerful love of My Heart will grant to all those who shall receive Communion on the First Friday of nine consecutive months the grace of final repentance; they shall not die under my displeasure, nor without receiving their Sacraments; My heart shall be their assured refuge at that last hour.
Here is a message to all priests for this important day: The Priesthood Is the Love of the Heart of Jesus and the Prayers for Priests, both for priests to say for themselves, and for lay people to say for priests.