Proverbs, Chapter 15, Verse 16
Better a little with FEAR of the LORD than a great fortune with anxiety.
The sages favor wealth over poverty—but not at any price. Wisdom makes poverty not only bearable but even joyful like the joy of feast days.
Black Friday Facts & Quotes
• According to IBM, for the first time in history smartphones and tablets outpaced desktop computers for generating consumer traffic to websites during Black Friday in 2015.
• According to consumerreports.org, heavily discounted televisions and other electronic items sold on Black Friday can be derivative models. Derivatives are products that have been manufactured specifically for sale at events like Black Friday. These products vary in specifications, quality and have less features than standard merchandise sold all-year long.
• Mall of America located in Minneapolis, Minnesota, is the largest mall in the US with 4,870,000 square feet retail space and more than 520 stores. The mall is also home to the largest indoor amusement park in the US.
• With a net worth of more than $136 billion, the six @Wal-Mart heirs own more wealth than the bottom 42% of Americans. #BlackFriday , @Walmart shouldn’t be allowed to pay workers wages so low that many qualify for Medicaid, food stamps, and government housing. #BlackFriday . - Tweets by Senator Bernie Sanders in 2015
Black Friday Top Events and Things to Do
• Thanksgiving is a time to express gratitude. Given that Black Friday follows Thanksgiving Day, use this day to spread gratitude and cheer to others. If you have leftover turkey from Thanksgiving Day, then use it to make sandwiches. You and your family can deliver these to the homeless people in your community.
• Hours before Black Friday sales, most retailers send emails and secret offers to their subscribers. Sign up and subscribe to your favorite retailers mailing list before this date. Most stores will also send coupons specifically to use for Black Friday.
• Make sure you have sufficient funds in cash or on credit cards. Given that many will be shopping on Black Friday, ATM machines may run out of funds or bank networks can be down intermittently. Make sure to carry some cash in case this happens.
• In 2015, more than 11 states across the U.S. provided free access to State Parks. Rather than Black Friday shopping, explore the great outdoors with free passes to State Parks. Our top parks picks:
1) Olympic Park, Washington
2) Humboldt Redwoods State Park, California
3) Nickerson State Park, Massachusetts
• Carpool or take an Uber to your favorite shopping destination. There will be limited parking space available on Black Friday and some bus routes will be operating on a holiday schedule.
Octave of Christ the
· attend Mass daily or via EWTN or the internet
· Fast doing the Daniel fast (Monday-Saturday).
· Exercise-Universal Man Plan.