Tuesday, July 7, 2015
Jude, Chapter 1, Verse 22-23
22 On those who waver, have mercy; 23 save others by snatching them out of the fire; on others have mercy with fear, abhorring even the outer garment stained by the flesh.
Save others by snatching them out of the fire. Jude is advising us to be prudent when you save others. There is almost no way you can pull others from a fire without being burnt; unless you are wearing protective garments.
You cannot save unbelievers by hanging out in the bar with them or partying with them.
Jude states the even the very garments of the godless are to be abhorred because of their contagion or in more simplistic terms we cannot have the same lifestyle as the godless. No we must be in the world but not of the world. Christ in His Sermon on the Mount taught us how our lifestyle is to be.
- Be not afraid but be brave in the world loving even the loveless.
- Do not become prideful and self-important but show humility; reverence and respect to all: for they are created by the hand of God.
- Do not envy the wicked; but let your desire be to be kind remembering they must account for themselves before God; respect and be loyal to them.
- Let your anger be at injustice; showing patience, compassion and forgiveness to the sinner.
- Be temperate and do all things in moderation; do not greedily take things to yourself but share your wealth with those in need. Remember to show true charity by helping them with their troubles thus empowering them to become greater; to pursue righteousness.
- Do not become slothful or failing to resist evil but be diligent to build the Kingdom of God; one day and one person at a time: begin with yourself.
- Do not be gluttonous; avoid excess and exclusivity (the country club mentality) but be temperate sacrifice, give up and surrender to the Spirit of God.
- Do not look on others as objects to be used for lustful needs but see them as created by the hand of God; your chase purpose is to help them achieve God’s dream for them.
Post a Comment