- Be not afraid but be brave in the world loving even the loveless.
- Do not become prideful and self-important but show humility; reverence and respect to all: for they are created by the hand of God.
- Do not envy the wicked; but let your desire be to be kind remembering they must account for themselves before God; respect and be loyal to them.
- Let your anger be at injustice; showing patience, compassion and forgiveness to the sinner.
- Be temperate and do all things in moderation; do not greedily take things to yourself but share your wealth with those in need. Remember to show true charity by helping them with their troubles thus empowering them to become greater; to pursue righteousness.
- Do not become slothful or failing to resist evil but be diligent to build the Kingdom of God; one day and one person at a time: begin with yourself.
- Do not be gluttonous; avoid excess and exclusivity (the country club mentality) but be temperate sacrifice, give up and surrender to the Spirit of God.
- Do not look on others as objects to be used for lustful needs but see them as created by the hand of God; your chase purpose is to help them achieve God’s dream for them.
Fourth Sunday after Pentecost (12th S. in Ord. Time) ORTHODOX PENTECOST FATHER’S DAY SUM. SOLSTICE 1 Chronicles, Chapter 28, Verse 2...
Tuesday, July 7, 2015
Tuesday, July 7, 2015
Jude, Chapter 1, Verse 22-23
abhorring even the outer garment stained by the flesh.
Save others by snatching them out of the fire. Jude is advising us to be prudent when you save others. There is almost no way you can pull others from a fire without being burnt; unless you are wearing protective garments.
You cannot save unbelievers by hanging out in the bar with them or partying with them.
Jude states the even the very garments of the godless are to be abhorred because of their contagion or in more simplistic terms we cannot have the same lifestyle as the godless. No we must be in the world but not of the world. Christ in His Sermon on the Mount taught us how our lifestyle is to be.
Judith, Chapter 10, Verse 16 When you stand before him, have no fear in your heart; give him the report you have given us, and he will...
Global Day of Prayer: June 15th Flame of Love Rosary Livestream ST. MICHAEL THE ARCHANGEL IS CALLING FOR A GLOBAL DAY OF PRAYER T...
Auxilium Christianorum - Praying for Persecuted Priests Monday, May 24 is the Feast of Mary Mother of the Church. It is also the Feast of ...
Auxilium Christianorum - Praying for Persecuted Priests Monday, May 24 is the Feast of Mary Mother of the Church. It is also the Feast of M...
Wednesday after laetare Sunday: end of mid-lent  Jeremiah, Chapter 26, verse 19 Did Hezekiah, king of Judah, and all Judah conde...
Leviticus, Chapter 25, Verse 17 Do not deal unfairly with one another, then; but stand in fear of your God. I, the LORD, am your God. ...
Immaculate Heart of Mary  The Feast of the Immaculate Heart of Mary is a devotional name used to refer to the interior life of the Blesse...
Good Friday of the Lord’s Passion FIRST FRIDAY John, Chapter 19, verse 38 After this, Joseph of Arimathea, secretly a disciple of ...
Feast of Mary Queen of Apostles  The feast of the Queen of Apostles was established on the first Saturday after the Ascension by the Sa...
Third Sunday after Pentecost (11 th S. Ord. Time) ST. ANTHONY 2 Kings, Chapter 6, Verse 16 Elisha answered, “Do not be AFRAID ....