- Andrew was crucified.
- Bartholomew was crucified.
- James, brother of Jesus was stoned.
- James, son of Alphaeus was crucified.
- James, son of Zebedee was killed by the sword.
- John died naturally.
- Matthew was crucified.
- Peter was crucified upside down.
- Philip was crucified.
- Simon was crucified.
- Thaddeus was killed by arrows.
- Thomas died of a spear thrust.
Malachi, Chapter 3, verse 19-21 19 For the day is coming, blazing like an oven, when all the arrogant and all evildoers will be stubble,...
Monday, September 5, 2016
Monday, September 5, 2016 Labor Day
Today is my eldest son's 40th please pray for his intention (a baby).
John 20, Verse 19
On the evening of that first day of the week, when the doors were locked, where the disciples were, for fear of the Jews, Jesus came and stood in their midst and said to them, “Peace be with you.”
The doors were lock they were afraid, very afraid; they had no peace.
From cowards to bold witnesses
How could one explain the transformation in Jesus’ followers? One day they are cowering in fear, hiding themselves from the public, the next they are all boldly proclaiming that Jesus is alive! What happened?
At his arrest, all of his disciples fled away and were scared for their lives: Mark 14:50 “Then everyone deserted him and fled.” Matt 26:56 “Then all the disciples deserted him and fled.” The day of Jesus’ resurrection, the disciples were still hiding for fear of the Jews. Jesus’ disciples were clearly cowards and were trying to preserve their lives. However look what happens a few weeks later: Acts 4:31, 33 “After they prayed, the place where they were meeting was shaken. And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit and spoke the word of God boldly…With great power the apostles continued to testify to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus.” They all of a sudden were not scared for their lives any longer and risked imprisonment, persecution and certain death for testifying about the risen Saviour.
Eleven of the twelve apostles died a martyr’s death! Look at the way the following followers of Jesus died:
Who in their right mind would die for a lie? Maybe if that person was a lunatic. But how can one explain a group of people being willing to die for a lie? This is just impossible. What compelled these disciples to preach the message of a risen Saviour is the fact that they had witnessed with their own eyes that Jesus had been risen indeed! Their changed lives provide a solid testimony that Jesus is alive! BE AT PEACE
Today if you have time today would be a good day to read Saint John Paul II’s encyclical letter-Rich In Mercy.
Labor Day is a dedicated to honoring and remembering the achievements of the US worker. It is national celebration which recognizes the contributions that American workers have made to the prosperity of their nation. Labor Day is celebrated on the first Monday in September as a three day weekend.
Labor Day Facts & Quotes
· The Central Labor Union observed the first Labor Day holiday in 1882 in New York City.
· Labor Day marks the end of the summer season, the beginning of school and the start of football season.
· According to the rules of fashion, Labor Day Weekend is the last official time where wearing white is appropriate.
· All labor that uplifts humanity has dignity and importance and should be undertaken with painstaking excellence. - Martin Luther King Jr.
· Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital and deserves much the higher consideration. - Abraham Lincoln
Labor Day Top Events and Things to Do
· Attend a food and fun festival with your family. Most counties run some type of fair or festival for the long weekend.
· Take a mini vacation and enjoy the extra day off with your friends, family or loved ones.
· Attend a local parade. Many cities and towns host a labor day parade with lots of fun and treats for the young ones.
· Go camping. Enjoy the last three day weekend before the weather gets significantly colder.
· Go shopping - many stores hold special sales events the entire weekend.
Auxilium Christianorum - Praying for Persecuted Priests Monday, May 24 is the Feast of Mary Mother of the Church. It is also the Feast of ...
Judith, Chapter 10, Verse 16 When you stand before him, have no fear in your heart; give him the report you have given us, and he will...
FEAST OF SAINT MARTIN/VETERANS DAY Acts, Chapter 26, Verse 5-7 5 They have known about me from the start, if they are willing ...
Wednesday after laetare Sunday: end of mid-lent  Jeremiah, Chapter 26, verse 19 Did Hezekiah, king of Judah, and all Judah conde...
30 Days of Women and Herbs – Frauendreissiger Mugwort (Artemisia vulgaris) 2 Maccabees, Chapter 15, Verse 8 He urged his men not to f...
feast of saint anthony, abbot Sirach, Chapter 22, Verse 16 A wooden beam firmly bonded into a building is not loosened by an earthqu...
Ash Wednesday Deuteronomy, Chapter 18, Verse 21-22 21 Should you say to yourselves, “How can we recognize that a word is one th...
Romans, Chapter 8, verse 14-15 14 For those who are led by the Spirit of God are children of God. 15 For you did not receive a ...
Leviticus, Chapter 25, Verse 17 Do not deal unfairly with one another, then; but stand in fear of your God. I, the LORD, am your God. ...
Plough Monday ORTHODOX CHRISTMAS-DISTAFF DAY Psalm 2, verse 11 Serve the LORD with fear ; exult with trembling , accept corr...