Ember Saturday AUTUMNAL EQUINOX 1 Corinthians, Chapter 14, Verse 32-33 32 Indeed, the spirits of prophets are under the prop...
Tuesday, January 29, 2019
Wednesday, January 30, 2019
Deuteronomy, Chapter 2, Verse 25
This day I will begin to put a fear and dread of you into the peoples everywhere under heaven, so that at the mention of your name they will quake and tremble before you.
This verse sounds a bit like in the beginning with Adam and Eve when God puts the fear of man into all creatures. It appears that men that are devoid of any connection with God who are nothing more than mere animals have a deathly fear of God’s own. These animals may see God’s people as clinging to their guns and their Bibles but in truth they have a fear of God’s people. Often this fear is express in stubbornness in mind, obstructionism and obstinacy in heart that eats its own young.
The legend of how the croissant came to be is that in 1683, the Turkish Empire laid siege on Vienna, Austria. The Turks made several attempts to conquer the city by force, but were unsuccessful, so decided to try underground tunnels. The bakers of Vienna, who worked in the basement storerooms, heard the sound of digging and alerted the cities army. For their vigilance, the bakers received high honors and thanks for their assistance in outwitting the Turks. In celebration, they baked their bread in the shape of a crescent moon—the symbol of the Ottoman Empire. After the Turks were defeated, it became custom to serve morning coffee with the crescent-shaped pastry! The legend continues to say that over a hundred years later, Marie Antoinette introduced the pastry to the French who dubbed it a “croissant”. Celebrate Croissant Day in style by eating an abundance of this tasty treat!
Complete My Joy-
Our Lady of Guadalupe: Evangelist Extraordinaire
136. In 1531, while half a world away the Protestant Revolution was dividing Christ’s Church, the Mother of Our Lord started a beautiful unification of divided peoples in America. A Native American man named Juan Diego encountered the Virgin Mary as he was headed to a catechesis class to learn his new Faith as a convert. There at a hill in what is now Mexico City, named Tepeyac, Our Lady gave Juan Diego an odd and seemingly impossible mission: approach and convince the local bishop, as a poor peasant, to build a new church on this hill in a remote area. The bishop initially was skeptical of his story. Embarrassed, Juan Diego tried to avoid encountering Our Lady again.
137. But on the morning of December 12, Juan Diego ran out of his house looking for a priest to administer last rites to his dying uncle, and Our Lady appeared once again, saying: “Am I not here, who am your Mother? Are you not under my protection? Am I not your health? Are you not happily within my fold? What else do you need? Do not grieve nor be disturbed by anything.”
138. Mary assured Juan Diego that his uncle wouldn’t die. In fact, he was already cured. Then, a miracle that would change the world occurred. She instructed Juan Diego to cut a bouquet of fresh Castilian roses from the top of Tepeyac hill, which were miraculously growing in the high-altitude winter ground. Juan Diego cut as many as he could, placed them in his overgarment, called a tilma, and headed to see the bishop.
139. Allowed again into Bishop Zumarraga’s residence, Juan Diego displayed the content of his tilma. The flowers fell to the floor and appearing on the garment was the image that we now know as Our Lady of Guadalupe. At the sight of the image, the bishop and his advisors fell to their knees in reverence. The bishop then proceeded quickly to build a church at the site as Our Lady had requested.
140. Remarkably, as many millions were leaving the Catholic faith in Europe due to corruption in the Church and the devastating rebellion of Luther and others in the Protestant Reformation, within one decade of the miracle of Our Lady of Guadalupe, some 10 million Native Americans came to the Faith with the help of Jesus’ mother and a humble native man. The terrible pagan practice of human sacrifice came to an end in America; the unconquerable divide between the Spanish colonialists and the native peoples was conquered.
The Way Penance
"Read these counsels slowly. Pause to meditate on these thoughts. They are things that I whisper in your ear-confiding them-as a friend, as a brother, as a father. And they are being heard by God. I won't tell you anything new. I will only stir your memory, so that some thought will arise and strike you; and so you will better your life and set out along ways of prayer and of Love. And in the end you will be a more worthy soul."
Atonement: this is the path that leads to Life.
DAY 35 - MARY, REFUGE OF SINNERS, PRAY FOR US CATCH EXCELLENCE The desire to enter the fight is a desire to enter into a genuine training ...
DAY 36 - MARY, COMFORTER OF THE AFFLICTED, PRAY FOR US SUPERIOR IDEAL Among the ways we have just let Coach Vince Lombardi inspire us, let...
DAY 34 - MARY, HEALTH OF THE SICK, PRAY FOR US THIS DAY WE FIGHT Spiritually speaking, the devil is doing all that he can to catch us isola...
DAY 33 - MARY, MORNING STAR, PRAY FOR US UNITY IN TRUTH Devil's Tactic #2 - Divide and Conquer The second modern tactic of the devil ...
Start of Happiness at Work Week FEAST OF ST. MATTHEW-INTL DAY OF PEACE 2 Corinthians, Chapter 7, Verse 11 For behold what earnestn...
Tuesday in Octave of Corpus Christi 2 Chronicles, Chapter 26, Verse 5 He was prepared to seek God as long as Zechariah lived, who ...
DAY 27 - MARY, MYSTICAL ROSE, PRAY THAT WE RECEIVE THE FRUIT OF CHASTITY! GOD'S WORD "The eye is the lamp of the body; so then i...
DAY 37 - MARY, HELP OF CHRISTIANS, PRAY FOR US ALERT! Today begin's the Novena to St. Michael (See below) SET THE WORLD ABLAZE The wor...
DAY 11 - MOTHER MOST ADMIRABLE, PRAY THAT WE RECEIVE THE GIFT OF COUNSEL GOD'S WORD "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a li...
FEAST OF THE HOLY FAMILY-ST SYLVESTER Genesis, Chapter 15, verse 1 Sometime afterward, the word of the LORD came to Abram in a visi...