NATIONAL CHEESECAKE DAY
Tobit, Chapter 6, Verse 15
So now I too am afraid of this demon, because it is in love with her and does not harm her; but it kills any man who wishes to come close to her. I am my father’s only child. If I should die, I would bring the life of my father and mother down to their grave in sorrow over me; they have no other son to bury them!”
When we are filled with the essence of Christ, we fear neither man nor demon.
- When they arrived at Media, Azariah said they needed to stop at the home of Raguel – their relative and the father of Sarah.
- Raguel means “Friend of God.”
- Azariah told Tobias he was the nearest relative and had the right (maybe even obligation) to marry her. He would also inherit half her father’s estate.
- Tobias was not thrilled with that since he had heard about the seven previous husbands. He knew his parents would be overcome with grief were he to die.
- Tobias obeyed his father’s request. He left Nineveh and moved back to Ecbatan to live with Raguel and Edna. Tobias lived until he was 117.
- Before he died, he heard about the destruction of Nineveh and knew that its prisoners were taken to Media. Tobias blessed God.
The final battle
We see that Tobias is concerned about the battle. Likewise, like Tobias we are confronted with evil that wishes to destroy families for the final battle between the Lord and the reign of Satan will be about marriage and the family
Don’t be afraid … because anyone who operates for the sanctity of marriage and the family will always be contended and opposed in every way, because this is the decisive issue … however, Our Lady has already crushed its head” (Sister Lucia, one of the seers of Fatima)
National Cheesecake Day
National Cheesecake Day Facts & Quotes
· According to Guinness World Records, the largest cheesecake ever made weighed 6,900 pounds and was created by Philadelphia Cream Cheese in Lowville, New York, USA.
· Arnold Reuben, owner of the Turf Restaurant in NYC, created the New York Style cheesecake in 1929. This cheesecake is not served with any fruit or sauce, but has a smooth-taste from the extra number of egg yolks that are added in the cream cheese mixture.
· Pretty in Pink Cheesecake by Elegant Cheesecakes of Saks Fifth Avenue is one of the most expensive American cheesecakes. The cheesecake weighs 8 pounds and is shaped as a stack of gift boxes, each made of edible chocolate wrapping, while the cheesecake is made of chocolate decadence layered with health crunch in vanilla and chocolate butter cream. The price tag for this cheesecake is $325.
· In 1972, Evelyn and Oscar Overton moved to Los Angeles and opened The Cheesecake Factory Bakery to sell Evelyn's cheesecakes. Today, The Cheesecake Factory has become a $2 billion global company with restaurants all across the States and in the United Arab Emirates, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Lebanon and Mexico.
· Because you don't live near a bakery doesn't mean you have to go without cheesecake - Hedy Lamarr - Golden Age Actress
National Cheesecake Day Top Events and Things to Do
· Try baking a Japanese or English cheesecake. Japanese cheesecakes have a soft, light and cottony texture, while English cheesecakes are cooked and served with a fruit compote.
· Enjoy a discounted or free cheesecake from your favorite cheesecake restaurant. Many restaurants offer discounts and samples of cheesecake on National Cheesecake Day.
· Host a cheesecake potluck. Each guest must bring one cheesecake of his/her own creation. All guests may then indulge in each other's delicious creations and try a wide new variety of cheesecake flavors.
· According to the USDA, every 100g of cheesecake contains 321 calories with a total fat content of 23g. To try a healthier alternative, bake a cheesecake using Greek yogurt instead of cheese.
· Participate in the Kona Cheesecake Run, held on April 17, 2016 in Farmington Hills, Michigan. Cheesecake samples at the run are provided by The Cheesecake Factory Novi.
Baileys Cheesecake tends to be an ubiquitous - but very popular - feature of many pubs and restaurant menus in Ireland. Much more unusual, and dare we say, probably even nicer is a cheesecake make with Irish whiskey. Try this foolproof Jameson version at home.
- 165g / 5.5oz butter
- 15 digestive biscuits or graham crackers
- 225g / 8oz icing sugar
- 275ml /10 fl oz (½ pint) fresh whipping cream
- 450g / 1lb Philadelphia cheese
- 4 caps (bottle caps) of Jameson Whiskey
· White and dark chocolate for decoration
· Preparation method
- Place digestive biscuits in a plastic bag and crush with a rolling pin.
- Melt the butter and add the biscuits.
· Put into a 23cm (9 inch) loose bottom cake tin (do not press the mixture into the tin too much or your base will be too hard). Leave in the fridge to set.
· Beat the Philadelphia and add the icing sugar.
· Lightly whip the cream and mix into the cheese mixture.
· Add the Jameson whiskey to the cheese and cream mixture and mix well. Pour over the biscuit base. Leave at least a few hours in the fridge and decorate with grated dark and white chocolate.
Novena in Honor of Saint John Marie Vianney
Horror of Sin
Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory Be
· 90 Days for our Nation, Total Consecration-Day 21
Today is my Grandson Joshua’s birthday; who is currently undergoing military training at Westpoint; please pray for his intentions. Joshusa no Jameson cheesecake!
Post a Comment