FIRST SATURDAY-FEAST OF THE HOLY ROSARY
Psalm 112, Verse 7-8
7 He shall not fear an ill report; his heart is steadfast, trusting the LORD. 8 His heart is tranquil, without fear, till at last he looks down on his foes.
This is the blessed state of the righteous. Yes we are in a battle and yes in our modern world the news cycles are all in league with the unholy secularized world. Do not fear the ill reporters or the facebook fanatics. Remember God tests those he loves yet during the trial those that are faithful can still hear the whisper of encouragement. Today our Jewish brothers are visited during Sukkot by Joseph son of Jacob.
Leaders are not paralyzed by problems
Joseph was the 11th son of Jacob’s 12 sons and he was dispised by his brothers because of jealousy over Jacobs favor. Yet, in the face of many troubles he accomplished much because he had:
1. Vision because he knew God had something special in mind for him.
2. Love of God and he walked in the spirit and God was with him.
3. Strong Character with each trial Joseph grew stronger.
4. Practical with his abilities and experience in all his trials.
5. Used his giftedness in interpreting dreams to make a difference in many lives.
6. Faith in the Blessing of God and whatever he did, the Lord made it prosper.
Our Lady of the Rosary
Pope Benedict XVI invites all families to pray the Rosary for the intentions of the Pope, the mission of the Church and peace. "It is as if every year Our Lady invited us to rediscover the beauty of this prayer, so simple and profound." The Rosary, a "contemplative and Christocentric prayer, inseparable from the meditation of Sacred Scripture," is "the prayer of the Christian who advances in the pilgrimage of faith, in the following of Jesus, preceded by Mary," said the Pontiff.
Things to Do
· Pray the Rosary, or 5 decades of the Rosary tonight with your family. Continue this practice through October, the month that is especially dedicated to the Rosary.
· Learn the Luminous Mysteries. For families with younger children, it helps to have visual aids for the mysteries. Have a picture to flip at the beginning of each decade for the family Rosary.
· Learn about the great victory of Our Lady at the Battle of Lepanto. You can also read more about Pope St. Pius V, who instituted the Feast of Our Lady of the Rosary.
1. Confession: This confession can be made before the First Saturday or afterward, provided that Holy Communion be received in the state of grace. In 1926, Christ in a vision explained to Lucia (Fatima) that this confession could be made a week before or even more, and that it should be offered in reparation.
2. Holy Communion: Before receiving Holy Communion, it is likewise necessary to offer it in reparation to Our Lady. Our Lord told Lucia in 1930, “This Communion will be accepted on the following Sunday for just reasons, if my priests allow it so.” So if work or school, sickness, or another just reason prevents the Communion on a First Saturday, with this permission it may be received the following Sunday. If Communion is transferred, any or all of the other acts of the devotion may also be performed on Sunday if the person so desires.
3. Rosary: The Rosary is a vocal prayer said while meditating upon the mysteries of Our Lord’s life and Passion and Our Lady’s life. To comply with the request of our Blessed Mother, it must be offered in reparation and said properly while meditating.
4. 15-minute meditation: Also offered in reparation, the meditation may embrace one or more mysteries; it may include all, taken together or separately. This meditation should be the richest of any meditation, because Our Lady promised to be present when she said “...those who keep me company....”
· Total Consecration Day 27
John Maxwell, The Maxwell Leadership Bible