- The palms distributed at Mass are blessed, so are sacramentals. Read Blessed Palms in the Home.
- Read Pope Francis' Homily for Palm Sunday 2014. Also read the History of Palm Sunday by Fr. Francis X. Weiser
- This is also known as "Carling Sunday" after carling peas. Peas porridge would be an appropriate dish for today. See recipes for suggestions and history behind this tradition.
- This is also known as "Fig Sunday" due to the tradition that Christ ate figs after his entry into Jerusalem. Adding some type of figs to your meal would be a nice touch.
- Read the short passages from Directory on Popular Piety concerning Holy Week and Palm Sunday.
"Rejoice greatly, O Daughter of Zion! Shout, Daughter of Jerusalem! See, your king comes to you, righteous and having salvation, gentle and riding on a donkey, on a colt, the foal of a donkey."